Toyota C-HR Forum banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Already Finished it.. Installed the radio yesterday.. :) Kenwood DDX9905S
I saw. I'll try to do it this year... the laundry list is long and expensive...

- new entertainment (some pioneer unit with android auto, i'll compare it with what you use later)
- a new sub, preferrable under the seat, but i can be convinced with what you did, the 10"...
- sound deadening all around

Ugh. I am estimating i need at least 1.2k worth of materials lol.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I saw. I'll try to do it this year... the laundry list is long and expensive...

- new entertainment (some pioneer unit with android auto, i'll compare it with what you use later)
- a new sub, preferrable under the seat, but i can be convinced with what you did, the 10"...
- sound deadening all around

Ugh. I am estimating i need at least 1.2k worth of materials lol.
You are not forced to get all in one shot. Start with what makes the biggest difference for you and work your way from there.

I believe that considering so many complains about the Head Unit. starting from that will make a big difference and you can enjoy a better HU (and sound and bluetooth and Android Auto or CarPlay) while you save up for the remaining upgrades all this is assuming you are doing the work yourself. (heck if I can do it BELIEVE me anyone can!)

Just a thought ..

·
Registered
33 Posts
Just out of curiosity, why put the subs under your seat? Why not in the back? Looking to save room?

·
Registered
5 Posts
is it the pt296-12170? from other forum I've seen somebody installing the Navigation box (for iM, 86 models) to the C-HR. I just need confirmation what I need to buy to get Navigation system in my C-HR. (see references below) If you've done the same, please can you explain me the procedure that I've to follow?

jonk26.2

it's official....the pt296-12170 works just fine. The radio automatically adds the nav functions as soon as you plug it in. The only issue I had was the brackets...I had thought the brackets were made to fit, but they didn't. I taped it together for now until I can figure out some bracket extensions. I suspect the pt296-12160 or pt296-00160 would work as well because it has exactly the same hardware...but the software differences might keep it from being compatible. If you are interested in finding on ebay, just search for pt296-12170 or pt546-1c182. The kit I received was like new...never opened. Don't know where he got them, but they are coming from Sealy, Texas...where there's a parts distribution warehouse and there was a recent flood...don't want to draw too many conclusions. Sorry about the dog photo bombing my picture but you can see that it works.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Just out of curiosity, why put the subs under your seat? Why not in the back? Looking to save room?
My music-activated led is on the driver side panel next to the seat.. so it'll work better if the sub is next to it haha. And yeah, I'm reluctant in having less space in the trunk as well.

Currently leisurely looking at the compact sealed sub... kinda like Pioneer TS-WH500A. Not sure yet about triple checking the dimensions though. Not in any hurry.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I bought the PT296-12170 but I dont know where I can set the GPS antenna in my C-HR. The manual that I am using to install the navigation upgrade kit is for the model iM. Someone can help me up with that portion?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello Guys,
I Wonder if it would be possible to install an Birdview ( 360 ° camera) system added to the infotainment without interrupting the system as it works in original state, i mean without loosing the original rear cam function.
I found this socket but i cant get enough info from the seller.
( € 11,33 16%OFF | EEMRKE 24 Pin Auto Camera Adapter Connector Draad voor Toyota CHR C-HR C HR Originele Scherm Video Input RCA Kabel
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/111SXpQaR )
Is it possible to get this done or do i really need to replace the screen ?

Regards Clyde

41 - 51 of 51 Posts