Toyota C-HR Forum banner

21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
I bet somewhere out there we can buy an OBD connector that syncs with a tablet to give us that headunit experience instead of having to buy a dedicated headunit. This will help even more to sync things when out of the vehicle.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I istalled an XTRONS PB76HGTP - I had to order additionally was a FEELDO Car Radio Wire Cable Harness for TOYOTA Female Connector Antenna Adapter and microphone. The harness is plug and play except for the steering wheel control. I would have to take the radio out to get the 3 wire color matchup.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I istalled an XTRONS PB76HGTP - I had to order additionally was a FEELDO Car Radio Wire Cable Harness for TOYOTA Female Connector Antenna Adapter and microphone. The harness is plug and play except for the steering wheel control. I would have to take the radio out to get the 3 wire color matchup.
Great!
Could you please provide a tutorial with images for us to install?

Thanks

·
Registered
24 Posts
greatdane68, I'm planning on installing the Kenwood DDX917ws. It looks to be made for toyota. It has apple carplay and android auto. I just got the HU and I think all I need is the antenna adapter and a USB adapter. Steering wheel controller is built in. I'm in the US so unfortunately the DVD player is not for my region but I never watch DVD in the car anyway. This unit also has wireless phone mirroring.

I may do some pictures of the installation if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
119 Posts
greatdane68, I'm planning on installing the Kenwood DDX917ws. It looks to be made for toyota. It has apple carplay and android auto. I just got the HU and I think all I need is the antenna adapter and a USB adapter. Steering wheel controller is built in. I'm in the US so unfortunately the DVD player is not for my region but I never watch DVD in the car anyway. This unit also has wireless phone mirroring.

I may do some pictures of the installation if anyone is interested.
Very interested in Pics of installation and how to remove trim!!

·
Registered
350 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
I was always skeptical about doing installs like this myself unless there were clearly written instructions from a proven source.
Can't wait to see the install write up!

·
Registered
18 Posts
I see blue tooth is not an option or wont work with many units.. Any one who has an after market unit installed please chime in as to what works and what doesn't. Thanks!

·
Registered
12 Posts
They do

I'm hoping that someone makes a kit to put an aftermarket head unit in these cars. I've got almost a full stereo in my attic waiting to be installed in something. The head unit is still in my fiancee's Edge for now.
It's called the Metra 95-8265HG Dash Kit

·
Registered
6 Posts
My CarPlay system I self-installed

I did a lot of research, and for my budget, I found this BOSS unit from Crutchfield to be the best "CarPlay" option... attached are images of what I bought, and how the install turned out.

Attachments

21 - 40 of 51 Posts