Toyota C-HR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1 week old black chr with silver roof, All a sudden a crack appeared in the middle of the windshield from the bottom half way up. Any issues having the dealer address this malfunction?? Or do I have to go with my insurance

·
Registered
118 Posts
I would check with dealer second. First, is there any signs of impact (rock, debris, etc)?. I would, then, check with my insurance - some states would do it free.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1 week old black chr with silver roof, All a sudden a crack appeared in the middle of the windshield from the bottom half way up. Any issues having the dealer address this malfunction?? Or do I have to go with my insurance
Yes, in Florida insurance covers 100% as it is an act of GOD or nature. Well, I saved on deductible, however it was over $800 for that windshield JEEEZZ... I wonder if insurance will go up due to this claim. Insurance is a scam. You spend a lifetime paying premiums and if you have 1 mishap then, they jack your premiums up.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yes, in Florida insurance covers 100% as it is an act of GOD or nature. Well, I saved on deductible, however it was over $800 for that windshield JEEEZZ... I wonder if insurance will go up due to this claim. Insurance is a scam. You spend a lifetime paying premiums and if you have 1 mishap then, they jack your premiums up.
2021 CHR Limited Blizzard Pearl w/ Black Top. Just purchased less than 2 months ago. We went to lunch and and came back to work and there was no crack. When we went to go home, there was a large crack from the bottom edge of the windshield. There was no evidence of impact to the windshield. This is obviously a factory flaw.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2021 CHR Limited Blizzard Pearl w/ Black Top. Just purchased less than 2 months ago. We went to lunch and and came back to work and there was no crack. When we went to go home, there was a large crack from the bottom edge of the windshield. There was no evidence of impact to the windshield. This is obviously a factory flaw.
I noticed a crack in my windshield while entering my car in my driveway. I went and checked my video footage to see if anything hit my car and nothing. The windshields are deflected and now I have to pay a $500 deductible for their mistake.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I noticed a crack in my windshield while entering my car in my driveway. I went and checked my video footage to see if anything hit my car and nothing. The windshields are deflected and now I have to pay a $500 deductible for their mistake.
I do believe these windows are defective in many ways. I have a 2020 C-HR Blizzard Pearl, black top, 2 weeks shy of one year, bought June 6, 2020.
Try as I might to get my windows crystal clear, with every product out there and technique and microfiber towels of all kinds, products also recommended by Toyota, but none of the windows have ever come completely clean and streak free.
The ‘custom’ paint job is effed up as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts