Toyota C-HR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My cousin got her CHR premium on 5/28 /2017 from Smith Town Toyota long island NY .I was the one who suggested her this car we were among the first few buyers who trust Toyota for a new entry level car which was first time introduced in USA after a success in UK ( though the model there was hybrid and a 1.2 litter petrol built in Australia & the one for USA is 2.0 and built in Turkey ) any way she drove car now has 12475 miles on odometer. The car has some issues . driving with cvt is never a pleasure but this particular CHR behaves like Nissan's notorious cvt transmissions not the way Toyota's are famous for ...what bring me today here is .my cousin she called me a day before yesterday and said her car was sitting in her driveway and all of a sudden a carack on windshield on the passenger side has poped up from bottom and travelled west ..I told her she might got from a stone while driving .she said no I ve been driving my Murano since last 2 days ..just for curiosity I googled " my CHR windshield crack " I was amazed that I was stopped at CHR forum .UK .there are so many compliments about this issue with car there some customers have said the Toyota acknowledge this problem and dealers after a seven day waiting time fix their cars some one said he at the day of delivery told by dealer the car windshield has a car and has to be replaced .After reading all that I took my cousin's husband as she was at work in City and drove all the way to dealer .the same crew who were at their best of hospitality ( putting coffee and cookies in our mouths last year when we were buying the car now have different attitude a woman said u guys have to talk to the sale person .Cris took us to service department inside he whispered with the head of service which make me believe they know there is a manufacturing problem .but when the service manager eximne the crack he declare that it's because of a stone .he had no logic reason that the point where he believed the stone was hit was under the wiper and not a single scrach was appeared on wiper surface .He even refused to listen or check the CHRforum .UK compliments posted by real CHR owmners saying we in USA have higher standereds than Europe ( remember our CHR is built in Turkey ) and this CHR is built mutch better than the Australian one .when asked we have an extended warranty (paid $1845 extra ) he said no windshield and all rubber parts are not covered in extany warranty you better call ur insurance . I requested him just to give is a favor and when had some time at least have a look on Google so he should know what is going on in UK and italy with CHR customers regarding windshield crack problem and rumors are there is glue problem .so if after us some American owners comes with the same complain he and Toyota USA should consider it seriously like they do in Europe .we came back home .try to check the availability of windshield .only the dealer has CHR windshield on this planet Earth ...thanks for reading .

·
Registered
97 Posts
It's a known issue with the CHR. Here in Europe it's covered by the Toyota warranty.
Had mine replace about a month ago, no questions asked.

·
Registered
21 Posts
My cousin got her CHR premium on 5/28 /2017 from Smith Town Toyota long island NY .I was the one who suggested her this car we were among the first few buyers who trust Toyota for a new entry level car which was first time introduced in USA after a success in UK ( though the model there was hybrid and a 1.2 litter petrol built in Australia & the one for USA is 2.0 and built in Turkey ) any way she drove car now has 12475 miles on odometer. The car has some issues . driving with cvt is never a pleasure but this particular CHR behaves like Nissan's notorious cvt transmissions not the way Toyota's are famous for ...what bring me today here is .my cousin she called me a day before yesterday and said her car was sitting in her driveway and all of a sudden a carack on windshield on the passenger side has poped up from bottom and travelled west ..I told her she might got from a stone while driving .she said no I ve been driving my Murano since last 2 days ..just for curiosity I googled " my CHR windshield crack " I was amazed that I was stopped at CHR forum .UK .there are so many compliments about this issue with car there some customers have said the Toyota acknowledge this problem and dealers after a seven day waiting time fix their cars some one said he at the day of delivery told by dealer the car windshield has a car and has to be replaced .After reading all that I took my cousin's husband as she was at work in City and drove all the way to dealer .the same crew who were at their best of hospitality ( putting coffee and cookies in our mouths last year when we were buying the car now have different attitude a woman said u guys have to talk to the sale person .Cris took us to service department inside he whispered with the head of service which make me believe they know there is a manufacturing problem .but when the service manager eximne the crack he declare that it's because of a stone .he had no logic reason that the point where he believed the stone was hit was under the wiper and not a single scrach was appeared on wiper surface .He even refused to listen or check the CHRforum .UK compliments posted by real CHR owmners saying we in USA have higher standereds than Europe ( remember our CHR is built in Turkey ) and this CHR is built mutch better than the Australian one .when asked we have an extended warranty (paid $1845 extra ) he said no windshield and all rubber parts are not covered in extany warranty you better call ur insurance . I requested him just to give is a favor and when had some time at least have a look on Google so he should know what is going on in UK and italy with CHR customers regarding windshield crack problem and rumors are there is glue problem .so if after us some American owners comes with the same complain he and Toyota USA should consider it seriously like they do in Europe .we came back home .try to check the availability of windshield .only the dealer has CHR windshield on this planet Earth ...thanks for reading .
contact Toyota Custmer Service if enough people come forward with the same issue they might do something.

·
Registered
350 Posts
And please, separate the giant text blob into paragraphs. For us readers...

Reactions: zbyra
1 - 5 of 5 Posts