Toyota C-HR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For Canadian residents, Toyota has a contest going on where you can win a new c-HR! No purchase necessary and the contest closes June 9th, 2017 at 11:59:59 p.m. ET.

There are two components to the prize; up to four thousand Canadian dollars ($4,000 CAD) to be used towards pursuing an experience and the car itself.

https://www.toyota.ca/toyota/en/chr-contest

·
Registered
248 Posts
Sweet! Totally signed up for it. Now when they say the vehicle is non-transferable... for how long is that typically. I'm pretty sure they don't mean you have to keep the vehicle till you eventually scrap it but I would presume for at least 2-3 years or something?

·
Registered
551 Posts
great opportunity to get one although chances of winning are slim its still better than trying to win one of the bigger lotteries out there.

which models did you guys pick that interested you? for starters these are mine;

- Corolla iM
- Camry Hybrid

·
Registered
153 Posts
I never win anything but I still opted to take a shot at it lol. Never hurts to try.

I went with the 86, and the Highlander.

Always had a thing for the twins, and the Highlander... I just like the Highlander as well.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm not in Canada so this contest does not apply to me. Wonder why Toyota isn't doing the same promotion in the States. Do they not think those south of the border is as interested in the C-HR?

·
Registered
551 Posts
Just had some seat time as a passenger in a Highlander today and for a Toyota in that segment its quite impressive. Impressive enough to pull someone out of a Chrysler which still till this day isn't luxurious enough although they tout the brand in that exact way. But then again this is nothing new to Toyota, even before Lexus got their hands on the Land Cruiser it had a similar level of luxury.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So the interest in the brand is there for Toyota, maybe not so much the specific C-HR model? I think it'll be a good marketing move to do a similar contest in the States to draw attention to the new model.

·
Registered
551 Posts
You can say that, and on the broader scale the CH-R is an entry-level product so some people might just get it to play it safe, going with a brand that has stood the test of time making solid products. So a reliable and cheap entry into the market for some is enough. Not many people will go with some brand they don't know...i'm the same way.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Crossovers and small SUV sales have been booming in the States recently, I assume Toyota would want to make people aware of their entry level C-HR as their brand is already well known. Or maybe they'll go another route for marketing and instead of a vehicle contest, they'll pour more funds into commercials.

·
Registered
551 Posts
there are many ways to go about it especially when its a high volume product like this that appeals to just about anyone
some of it we might not see; displays with reps in malls, campuses, etc. Billboard ads, the list goes on. And its that every day level of advertising I find interesting.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think the best thing they can do to target the average low to mid range car buyer is at the mall. Those with disposable income will be wandering around and the attention grabbing exterior of the C-HR will draw them in.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Malls would definitely be a key place for them to advertise to the public. Billboards I find really aren't that effective. But they could make for some fun like when Audi and BMW had that billboard war. That was fun.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts