Toyota C-HR Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey guys! I have 37,000 miles on my 2018 xls. A few months ago I started to hear a "whining" noise coming from what sounded like, maybe, the front right tire. It's still there and seems to be getting worse. Now, it seems that it is also evident coming from the left side of the car. I'm still on the stock tires but they appear OK to my untrained eye. Tread seems deep enuff and no obvious feathering. Not sure where else the sound could be coming from. Anyone else having issues like this? Is 37k end of life for these tires or might someone have any other thoughts?
Thanx for any input...
Yes , I have same problem , 35K miles , Service dept. added Transmission Conditioner so I suspect that its the Transmission, fml.

·
Premium Member
2018 CHR
16 Posts
I had the same noise. I thought it was tires first but then it was on both sides. After I saw this forum then copied the pages and brought it to my dealer. My transmission has been replaced. Around 58,000 miles. I have the extended warranty to 125,000 miles.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey guys! I have 37,000 miles on my 2018 xls. A few months ago I started to hear a "whining" noise coming from what sounded like, maybe, the front right tire. It's still there and seems to be getting worse. Now, it seems that it is also evident coming from the left side of the car. I'm still on the stock tires but they appear OK to my untrained eye. Tread seems deep enuff and no obvious feathering. Not sure where else the sound could be coming from. Anyone else having issues like this? Is 37k end of life for these tires or might someone have any other thoughts?
Thanx for any input...
check transmission chr 2018 having problems with that.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had the same noise. I thought it was tires first but then it was on both sides. After I saw this forum then copied the pages and brought it to my dealer. My transmission has been replaced. Around 58,000 miles. I have the extended warranty to 125,000 miles.
im in the same note too. what forums did you copied perhaps i could do the same.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Most likely this forum - there appear to be several threads on this issue (noise from front end, transmission replaced, etc).

My 2018 C-HR is not my daily driver. I have not passed 23k miles on it yet (just passed it's three year anniversary last week). No known issues with it - yet. I need to find that video again about how to live with CVT's ( a Subaru video, but very informative).

Can't wait to test my daily driver 2018 RAV4 in snow here in KY - ice sucks. Need to test these Falken Wildpeak A/T Trail tires.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanx for any input...
It might be your transmission bearing If it is this is an issue Toyota knows about but has not made a recall for

·
Premium Member
2018 CHR
16 Posts
Yes it is your transmission bearing. I had my transmission replaced a few months ago. Same sound. Copy this forum and show your toyota deal.

·
Premium Member
2018 CHR
16 Posts
My tires were fine. I have a 2018 CHR with 60,000 miles on it. I had about 56,000 when the transmission was replaced.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Well kids. Just got a call from the local Toyota service department. This thing needs a new tranny. Sounds scary to me going forward with a vehicle with 36,000 miles. Might just have to ditch it before it's too late. Thoughts?
Me too. I heard a whining noise for a month . Took it to the dealer yesterday and it’s a 9k tranny . Wtf ? 2018 toyota ? This is crazy

·
Registered
3 Posts
Me too. I heard a whining noise for a month . Took it to the dealer yesterday and it’s a 9k tranny . Wtf ? 2018 toyota ? This is crazy
If you bought it at the dealer, and is under 100k you still got factory warranty, and they should replace it for free.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts