Toyota C-HR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
I put a "Scosche MAGDM MagicMOUNT Magnetic Dash Mount" just in front of the cubby compartment (below the climate controls) and "behind" the front most drink holder. I find the cubby to be pretty useless because its so small so no major loss there... Run a 3 foot cable from the 12volt outlet in the center console.... Works Out well for me....

·
Registered
38 Posts
I put a "Scosche MAGDM MagicMOUNT Magnetic Dash Mount" just in front of the cubby compartment (below the climate controls) and "behind" the front most drink holder. I find the cubby to be pretty useless because its so small so no major loss there... Run a 3 foot cable from the 12volt outlet in the center console.... Works Out well for me....
Do you have a pic of the placement? I tried to "dry fit" a mount there for my 7+ and it seemed as of my phone was too big.

·
Registered
410 Posts
My friend has one of those and I'm thinking of getting one. Currently I have a magnetic holder that slots into the air vent and a metal piece is stuck to your phone case. But I have no idea how it'll affect my phone long term with a magnet.

·
Registered
14 Posts
iOttie Easy One Touch Qi Wireless Fast Charge Car Mount for Samsung Galaxy S8, S7/S7 Edge, Note 8 5 & Standard Charge for iPhone X, 8/8 Plus & Qi Enabled Devices https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0754NDNT8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_qQ8EAbJM96GSX

Fast wireless charge. Applied the dash pad that it comes with to the right of the touch screen, on the leather dash area & just suction cup to that. Don't want another reason to clean the window, don't want to restrict use of my sun shade & wanted it near my touch screen. I have a galaxy note 8, which is a little heavier then some phones, so I removed the clear ring on the dash pad & just super glued it to the dash. Always going to have a phone mount, so no reason the pad couldn't be made permanent.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Could you not just go the cheap route and get a universal phone holder than clips into the vent? Pretty sure they only cost between $5-10 and would keep the phone pretty close to the infotainment display/in viewing range. There's also the option of getting one that connects to the rear view mirror, although those can interfere with visibility.

·
Registered
352 Posts
So far my rubber phone-holder is working. It just uses friction to hold itself on the dash.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts