Toyota C-HR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everybody, i just bought this welcome lights for my car.

but the car have no door light and i dont know now how to connect the wires, does anyone knows how to do that??

thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
119 Posts
Last time I did something like that, we removed the door panel to make the hole (easier than getting on the floor to drill up) plus you need to take door panel off anyways to route cable.. and we got power from the wire that powers the mirror and the one to control it was the cable from the door switch. we use a t-tap.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
interesting, u did it by yourself or u look for a pro? i really need to install it, i mean the wires because the other is piece of cake, can we meet somewhere?

·
Registered
352 Posts
Last time I did something like that, we removed the door panel to make the hole (easier than getting on the floor to drill up) plus you need to take door panel off anyways to route cable.. and we got power from the wire that powers the mirror and the one to control it was the cable from the door switch. we use a t-tap.
I added 2 t-tap to install the dash cam, and now I can't close the fuse box anymore. Any idea where we can get the fuse cover that's.. 1" thicker?

·
Registered
119 Posts
interesting, u did it by yourself or u look for a pro? i really need to install it, i mean the wires because the other is piece of cake, can we meet somewhere?
Like I said I dd this on another car. With the help of a multi-meter and a friend. haven't taken door panel off on this car yet so i can't help with the wiring on this..

·
Registered
352 Posts
Nope. I also added a fuse tap to power both my dash cam, and radar detector and had no choice but to put fuse panel cover away in the glove box. I haven't looked for a solution for this. however it doesn't really bother me yet.
Please please holler at me if you find a solution!

·
Registered
203 Posts
Man what a difference those lights make in the cabin. Don't know what these weren't set up from factory. Thanks for sharing the walkthrough, I anticipate there being a lot of owners interested in doing this mod.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts