Toyota C-HR Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anybody tell me what this white compartment is? It is located in the very front of the center console accessed by removing the kick plate where the console meets the front of the vehicle. There is water leaking from the black rubber piece that is connected to it. It looks like some sort of valve maybe, does anyone know what these parts are and what their function is?

·
Super Moderator
305 Posts
If I were to make a guess, that entire white assembly has the evaporator coil behind. What seems to be happening is the condensation that drips off of the evaporator is collecting at the bottom of that white enclosure and not draining out. There is a tube that comes out of that enclosure and out the bottom of your car. If you ever wonder why cars have water puddles underneath when they're parked after running the A/C, this is why. I suspect the drain tube is clogged for whatever reason. It'll need to be cleared. I had to do this on a car I owned a long time ago. I got underneath the car and jabbed a wire/metal rod into the drain tube and water started pouring out. I'm surprised you're dealing with this issue so soon though.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts