Toyota C-HR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a problem with water and suds getting in the area where the top of the hatch in back connects
to the car roof inside?
After I wash the car or leave a car wash and open up the back hatch I noticed suds still there on the inside
area where it connects to the car. Is this a defect?

Attachments

·
Registered
37 Posts
If its not inside the car its normal . There is a seal around the hatch to keep water out of the inside. Generally when washing a car after its rinsed off i use a microfiber towel and open all doors hatches etc and dry off the area.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Like Adamturbo says, anything above the rubber seal will get wet, that's totally normal.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Yeah, wiping the water around the doors are a pain...

·
Registered
410 Posts
So long as it's not actually getting past the seal, it's fine. Best to just let it dry a bit after washing before you open the hatch if it's a concern. I'm partial to borrowing my neighbor's leaf blower once in a while. :D

·
Registered
352 Posts
So long as it's not actually getting past the seal, it's fine. Best to just let it dry a bit after washing before you open the hatch if it's a concern. I'm partial to borrowing my neighbor's leaf blower once in a while. :D
When my friends are over, we use the leaf blower to get most of it out, then go back and detail the cracks with the air compressor. We were able to dry the entire car with just 1 microfiber towel that way!

·
Registered
410 Posts
Great minds think alike! I sometimes worry if i'm scratching cars with towels when I wash or dry using them and a leaf blower takes some of that worry away. Perhaps we should have a thread on how people wash their C-HR.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Thankfully I mostly park indoors or have the option of doing that when I want because living in the city we have a lot of options, almost too much if you ask me. Biggest issue might be when it rains hard and i'm on the road a lot.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts