Toyota C-HR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So it seems like the USDM bumper is different than the rest of the global market; Europe, Japan, etc.

Looking at pictures, the only difference is the lower grill portion. Does anyone know if this is true or if there are other differences than just the lower grill? Are the fog light brackets different?I'd like to import the lower grill and fit it to my US model C-HR.

From my attached pics, the white c-hr has a JDM bumper/grill and the blue has a US bumper/grill. Also posted a pic of the JDM grill as standalone.

Attachments

·
Registered
95 Posts
So it seems like the USDM bumper is different than the rest of the global market; Europe, Japan, etc.

Looking at pictures, the only difference is the lower grill portion. Does anyone know if this is true or if there are other differences than just the lower grill? Are the fog light brackets different?I'd like to import the lower grill and fit it to my US model C-HR.

From my attached pics, the white c-hr has a JDM bumper/grill and the blue has a US bumper/grill. Also posted a pic of the JDM grill as standalone.

The mid lip (where your tow hook would go) of the JDM is also not sticking out compared to the USDM model. This would not make it possible to fit the JDM lower grill with the rest of the USDM bumper.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have both the JDM and the USDM bumper covers and they are different and the bottom halves cannot be interchanged with one another.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I have both the JDM and the USDM bumper covers and they are different and the bottom halves cannot be interchanged with one another.
Can you please share where you got your JDM bumper and what other parts are needed to do the front bumper conversion?

·
Registered
1 Posts
JDM/Euro bumpers look the same, but they are different, The JDM one does not stick out as far as the USDM one, So its "nose" is flatter. This prevents the ability to be able to retain the USDM crash beam.
Main parts that are needed for the conversion are:
1 Front bumper upper half,
2 lower grill half. tow hook cover,
3 both sides of the black plastic "vents",
4 both sides bumper retainers ( the pieces that clip the bumper to the fenders)
5 Front Crash beam
6 Both Front crash beam arms
8 The thin black vent (mustache looking part)
7 if you want to do it correctly, all of the foam pieces that go between the bumper and crash beam.

Note: The emblem transfers over, and some JDM bumpers have holes for parking sensors that will need to filled with dummy sensors or plugs. some European bumpers have headlight washer sprayer holes, and the Euro plate is longer so it has 4 mounting holes already drilled into the bumpers.

Used bumpers can be found online but shipping them overseas is expensive.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Instructions to replace the lower grill

After hitting a deer, I need to replace the stock lower grill with a new stock grill. Do you have any instructions of how to do this?

Thanks

Dave

JDM/Euro bumpers look the same, but they are different, The JDM one does not stick out as far as the USDM one, So its "nose" is flatter. This prevents the ability to be able to retain the USDM crash beam.
2 lower grill half.
5 Front Crash beam
7 The thin black vent (mustache looking part)
8 tow hook cover,

if you want to do it correctly, all of the foam pieces that go between the bumper and crash beam.

Note: The emblem transfers over, and some JDM bumpers have holes for parking sensors that will need to filled with dummy sensors or plugs. some European bumpers have headlight washer sprayer holes, and the Euro plate is longer so it has 4 mounting holes already drilled into the bumpers.

·
Registered
3 Posts
2 lower grill half. tow hook cover,
5 Front Crash beam
8 The thin black vent (mustache looking part)
7 if you want to do it correctly, all of the foam pieces that go between the bumper and crash beam.

DO you have actual names for the items that needed? Im going to purchase the AIMgain full kit which comes with a replaceable bumper. What parts would I need to be able to put that bumper on my US spec CHR

1 - 9 of 9 Posts