Toyota C-HR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a 2020 CHR Hybrid and every time I plug in the USB stick, get the same answer, "no music files found."

I have checked the manual and it states I should use a: USB 2.0 HS, Fat 16/32 formatted USB stick and that MP3 files with a frequency of 44.1 kHZ are an acceptable audio format and sampling frequency and there are less than 3000 folders on the USB, I have ticked all of those boxes.

The USB port is working as Apple CarPlay is working through it no problems.

I have taken all the albums titles out and only left the songs so that they are at the root level.

I am at a loss as to why it will not work.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Matt.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Hey Matt! I have a 2018 and i had to format the drive to fat32 with all of my files in the root... Then i had no issues. Are you truly formatted to fat32? I dont believe that windows (7 and beyond) can format a drive that way natively, i had to install a 3rd party program to do so. I have 10,000 files on that drive, which is the max for my unit and it took half an hour or more for them to be indexed by the device. Good luck!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Dr, thanks for the reply. I am a Mac user so I had to take the USB stick to a friend for formatting. When I put it on my Mac and check it says Format : MS-DOS (FAT32) , I am not sure what Operating System he had on his computer. Could you let me know the name of the 3rd part program and I could ask him to install it and we can try again from there? Thanks again.

·
Registered
215 Posts
The format that you referenced certainly sounds right. I'm not an apple guy so I'm not sure about its abilities.
I used a program (on windows 10) called 2T Ware. Hasn't been updated since 2012 but, it worked 3 years ago.
Link here from CNET;
Seemed to work perfectly for me 3 years ago and its been residing on my machine ever since. I've not noticed any ill effects since the install. Hopefully it will help. Don't forget, I have a US 2018 head unit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts