Toyota C-HR Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first toyota. There is no cigarette lighter so the adapters I've used in the past cannot be used. so now I'm faced with only one usb. Instead of having to choose whether I want to listen to music or charge my phone, I want to buy an adapter. I can't find anything for a Type C USB. can somebody help? There is nothing listed under the 2020 Toyota C-HR Parts & Accessories.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Both replies above are correct. However, the cigarette lighter socket in the center console is the only place where you can get a 12 volt output. The USB only puts out 5 volts so be careful that you don't attach anything needing more juice to the usb.
I installed a couple of my own power sources (cigarette socket + usb) to the center console by tapping into the fuse block. Wasn't real difficult to do...
Richpit, I wasn't aware that a usb splitter would work on our unit... Have you tried doing so?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Both replies above are correct. However, the cigarette lighter socket in the center console is the only place where you can get a 12 volt output. The USB only puts out 5 volts so be careful that you don't attach anything needing more juice to the usb.
I installed a couple of my own power sources (cigarette socket + usb) to the center console by tapping into the fuse block. Wasn't real difficult to do...
Richpit, I wasn't aware that a usb splitter would work on our unit... Have you tried doing so?
Hello, Dr. Zeus.

My new Chr came the other day and it's an awesome car! But obviously I'm still struggling with knowing the car better so indeed, one of my "niggles" is lack of more power sources.

Could you please provide more details on what you actually did in yours to install more power sources? Didn't quite get the "tapping into the fuse block" part: did you mean you had run some wires from said fuse block along into the center console (drilling holes etc.)?

Thanks for the help! 🤗

·
Registered
188 Posts
Get a multi-device adapter plug. Any auto part store or even a truck stop has them (or Amazon).
There are many types. Just have to figure out what you need and if it will fit in the center arm console. I got a larger one in the Rav4 for my CB radio.

Plug in the adapter's cig plug into the center armrest console's port, zip-tie or velcro any excess cables and attach the multi-port part to the inside wall of the center armrest console or where ever you want it. I like it with at least one cig port and at least two USB ports. I can have my Garmin on and charging my phone in the C-HR.

Reactions: petrescu.constantin

·
Registered
3 Posts
Get a multi-device adapter plug. Any auto part store or even a truck stop has them (or Amazon).
There are many types. Just have to figure out what you need and if it will fit in the center arm console. I got a larger one in the Rav4 for my CB radio.

Plug in the adapter's cig plug into the center armrest console's port, zip-tie or velcro any excess cables and attach the multi-port part to the inside wall of the center armrest console or where ever you want it. I like it with at least one cig port and at least two USB ports. I can have my Garmin on and charging my phone in the C-HR.

Thanks for the help!

I have purchased this in the meantime:

it's similar to what you're suggesting, I guess, so half problem solved. Now I have to still figure out a way to close the console when the adapter is in use outside of the console - the console lid will not close properly because of the width of the adapter cable.

How do you close yours?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2019 Toyota CHR and the USB port quick working. When I Google the issue, it says that I have a fuse out. I don't have a diagram in the owner's manual that shows what fuse goes to the USB port. Can someone help me get this figured out?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts