Toyota C-HR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first toyota. There is no cigarette lighter so the adapters I've used in the past cannot be used. so now I'm faced with only one usb. Instead of having to choose whether I want to listen to music or charge my phone, I want to buy an adapter. I can't find anything for a Type C USB. can somebody help? There is nothing listed under the 2020 Toyota C-HR Parts & Accessories.

·
Registered
2020 C-HR XLE - Hot Lava
16 Posts
The provided USB port in the C-HR is a standard Type-A. You can connect any cable or splitter to it, no matter what type is on the other end.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Both replies above are correct. However, the cigarette lighter socket in the center console is the only place where you can get a 12 volt output. The USB only puts out 5 volts so be careful that you don't attach anything needing more juice to the usb.
I installed a couple of my own power sources (cigarette socket + usb) to the center console by tapping into the fuse block. Wasn't real difficult to do...
Richpit, I wasn't aware that a usb splitter would work on our unit... Have you tried doing so?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts