Toyota C-HR Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, if this isn't a bummer I don't know what is. The 2018 Toyota C-HR that will be heading to the US will only come with one engine size. That engine, unfortunately, will be a 2.0L four-banger that produces 144hp and 140 lb-ft of torque. FWD and transmitted through a CVT.

There's going to be two trim levels, XLE and XLE Premium which I think was mentioned in another thread.

Short recap - Standard features include 18" wheels, dual climate control, bucket seats, 7" display and Toyota Safety Sense P.

Bah Humbug.

·
Registered
551 Posts
This might be the case because they plan on making a hybrid version available for all we know. Then there was talk about Toyota wanting to ramp up "green car" efforts, so maybe we'll see more than one "green" powertrain setup. I say that because the CHR has whats needed to be part of that mold of high volume PHEV/EV/Hybrid

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
And here I was hoping for a 1.2L-Turbo 6MT AWD version.
I might even settle for the 2.0L version if it came with a 6MT and AWD with all the tech goodies.
Unfortunately the AWD is something you're going to have to miss out on. I as well was hoping for the AWD variant but this kinda put's a stump in those plans. :frown2:

·
Registered
257 Posts
In the UK, all three trims comes with Toyota's Safety Sense system with pre-collision braking, pedestrian detection, adaptive cruise control lane departure warning and automatic headlamps. The top two trims get standard blind-spot monitoring and rear cross traffic alert. Maybe the same standard equipment would make its way to North America.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Maybe the states will get the 1.2-liter turbo at a later date. It's a pretty nice engine with a peak torque of 136 lb-ft and it's available mid-range, around 1500 rpm - 4000 rpm. It's supposed to feel faster than the factory estimated 0-62 mph time.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Don't you just love when a vehicle out does it's specs in real world testing. Makes you feel more accomplished lol. That being said, a 1.2L turbo release down the line would be great, the only problem is do I want to grab the 2.0 when it comes out or wait and hope that the 1.2 comes soon enough

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.