Toyota C-HR Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone upgraded a 2018 us model to a 2021? I'm seriously considering it.
I love driving this car and it looks quirky (just like me) and despite the mechanical issue I've had, it seems other similar makes just don't do it for me.
If you've done it, you could you give me some feedback please? Likes/dislikes. Advantages/disadvantages?
Or am I just crazy for even considering it?
I'm thinking that maybe the Japanese manufacturing might be better than the Turkish?

Thanx much,
DrZeus

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have sold mine and not considering another but honestly I'd say wait until Toyota releases the same 2 liter engine as the Corolla. They are using it in Europe and might as well bring to US since the Corolla Cross will be released with the Corolla engine as well. So, probably wait for another year

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ty Tony!
Unfortunately, the market for used cars is insane right now and they're offering me $3000 less than I paid for it 4+ years ago. I gotta sell.
I've driven some of the competition but, not real thrilled with them at a similar price point.
I honestly can't put into words why I feel so comfortable in this car. It feels much more solid than the others (although the Turbo versions of alternatives prolly have more oomph).
I do appreciate the input... I'm guess I'm looking for someone to tell me it's a good idea 😂!

·
Registered
10 Posts
DrZeus, what's the latest? Did you decide for or against selling your 2018? would be interested to hear your results and what it took to get there. I too have a 2018 and I've considered the same action, but I think I've decided not to get the 2021.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a 2021 XLE Premium that i purchased 5 weeks ago. i never had one before and its my first Toyota. So far i am happy with it, but all these posts of transmission replacements has me concerned. Does anyone know if there has been any improvement to the CVT since the vehicles inception? And only complaint i have is the single USB port that i have to choose between my music on a thumb drive or my phone using Android Auto, wish i could have both.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Probably not. One way to tell is to open the front hood and look for the serial number/plate on the transmission itself.
My 2018 is a K114 transmission.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts