Toyota C-HR Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed a few people on here have replaced their factory stereo unit for an aftermarket one - I'm very interested in that as well, as although I've got the 'premium' JBL stereo, it's still a bit lacking.

However, I'm very confused around what I would need exactly - my criteria for a new unit would be:

1. Bluetooth audio connection capability to play music from Spotify etc.
2. SatNav built in
3. All existing car functions (such as the reversing camera and steering wheel controls) work seamlessly
4. Apple CarPlay ideally
5. Decent EQ
6. Easy to install!

Does anyone have any idea on a unit that meets all the above criteria, and is available in the UK....?

Thank you!

·
Registered
203 Posts
KiriNavi and Belsee both have aftermarket head units compatible with the C-HR. Not sure if they retain the steering wheel functions or if they are offered in the UK. Though a bit more involved you can also get systems from Kenwood and Pioneer.

·
Registered
551 Posts
If a good subwoofer is on your list with previous cars i've owned adding shallow mount subwoofer (pioneer sells them) helped a lot along with taking up the least amount of cargo space.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I did my research and yes, you can go cheaper radio. Make sure sure all necessary plug that your oem radio came with, your new radio has it all as well. The picture below is an OEM radio on the left and aftermarket cheap radio $99 on the right. Please make sure always consult with a technician before you buy.

Attachments

·
Registered
551 Posts
I think most people will go to a reputable car audio/video shop anyways and get it all done their although this technical knowledge helps. Some shops do shady work even with simple wiring.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts