Toyota C-HR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So it looks like the TRD CH-R images we've seen online, are actually the result of kits being offered by Toyota Racing Development. Unfortunately its been confirmed that these wont be available locally. There seem to be two different styling packs, that offer different distinct features.

The first is the Extreme Style pack (pictured above) features blacked-out cladding around the wheel housings lipped by oversized red mud flaps, as well as 16-inch alloy wheels in silver or black.

The second pack, called Aggressive Style, has a huge new front bumper finisher, new side skirts, a lip spoiler on the rear roof and a new rear diffuser.

I'm sure in the coming months we will see many more accessories coming for the CH-R. Thoughts?

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Man, Japan is getting all the cool stuff for the CH-R, and its going to be way too expensive trying to import these kits here. Guess all we can do is hope that they spawn some knock off versions that can be sourced locally. It's great to see the CH-R getting so much mod support right out the gate.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Thats true. Count on Japan price, some commission for seller, shipping and your local taxes/import duties for parts.
A cheap fiberglass knock-off will probably be cheaper but will needs work to fit properly and overall its lower quality. And its not JDM.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I'm concerned that the knock off brands wont be direct fit, and will require cutting/sanding. I don't see the point in spending hundreds of dollars to get cheap material that most likely wont survive the winter months.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Yeah I'm concerned that the knock off brands wont be direct fit, and will require cutting/sanding. I don't see the point in spending hundreds of dollars to get cheap material that most likely wont survive the winter months.
if you have a good body shop then it won't be an issue, if not then authentic is the way to go.

·
Registered
410 Posts
May as well just go with the authentic pieces so you won't have to cut into them and maybe risk the integrity of whatever you're modifying. Maybe wait a bit before diving in and someone could have gotten sick of their JDM parts, putting those for sale online.

·
Registered
95 Posts
May as well just go with the authentic pieces so you won't have to cut into them and maybe risk the integrity of whatever you're modifying. Maybe wait a bit before diving in and someone could have gotten sick of their JDM parts, putting those for sale online.
I'm currently looking on Yahoo Japan Auctions for some bumpers. They are cheap once converted to USD but the issue is having to pay a middleman to get you the item and then ship it to you.

Our best bet is to ask some people south of the border if they are willing to trade bumpers with us. They do get the JDM bumper.
https://www.toyota.mx/modelo/c-hr

·
Registered
551 Posts
I'm currently looking on Yahoo Japan Auctions for some bumpers. They are cheap once converted to USD but the issue is having to pay a middleman to get you the item and then ship it to you.

Our best bet is to ask some people south of the border if they are willing to trade bumpers with us. They do get the JDM bumper.
https://www.toyota.mx/modelo/c-hr
Anyone willing to wait should be able to find knock offs for far less and sometimes these are made from materials that still hold up very well. Polyurethane is one of them. Flexible but can fit very well.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hopefully a distributor realizes the demand for kits like these in North America, because I see a lot of interest from owners. Would have been nice to see a before and after. Anyone know how much these kits are going for?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hopefully a distributor realizes the demand for kits like these in North America, because I see a lot of interest from owners. Would have been nice to see a before and after. Anyone know how much these kits are going for?
It depends, there is a LED version and a non-LED version. They go somewhere between $900-$1300 pending on if you want it painted or not.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That's actually a pretty good price for a full kit, and I like how easy the install seems to be. Everything fits nice and flush. If you choose not to get it painted do they all come in that grey color or white? If only they hadn't made the body styles different for every region.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts