Toyota C-HR Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi new here to this forum, we bought a brand new Toyota CHR it’s only 3 years old and the transmission went on it, we’re over on miles so they won’t cover a new one. It’s so totally hard to believe that a transmission could go so soon, by the looks of it they seriously need to recall these . We were quoted at 10,000.00 for a new one plus taxes!!! Any advice would be much appreciated!

·
Registered
248 Posts
Hey Phillippe, sorry to hear about your situation. It doesn't help but, youre not alone. It happened to me as well and several others. I am the original poster on this thread "Transmission failure/replacement 2018 C-HR XLE".
Lucky for me, mine failed at 35,000 miles and was still under warranty.
You should check it out. Some are contemplating a class action suit. I would be interested in joining it with the other parties involved but, my legalese is limited to get one started. I've quit counting how many people have been affected by this failure.
I see no other recourse for those involved in this issue than to make toyota accountable.
Great, fun car, just (apparently) one MAJOR issue.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes absolutely, it has been a good car, if only the transmission would last. I do however think that a class action suit would be a good idea, when all is said and done a new transmission will cost us 12 thousand dollars, I can say that hurts the wallet big time.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just confirmed today by dealer; needs replacing at 84K. Have documented complaint of front-end whirring at 60,800 which was dismissed by their service dept. Only got worse. The manager is in discussion with the Mother Ship to see what they might do. He'd never seen this problem (?) The casual quote was $8K. This was our first Toyota- "They run forever!" Probably our last. Trash tranny, IMHO

·
Registered
5 Posts
Morning all! Sorry to hear about the issues as I just went through the same thing. Had corporate and the dealer involved with my attorney and no budging on their part and totally unwilling to help! I will be suing Toyota and the dealer for the value of trade in I got vs what I should have received or could have received. Thank you for posting and I hope it turns out better for you than it did for me. If they dont help then I suggest turning to an attorney to help.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just confirmed today by dealer; needs replacing at 84K. Have documented complaint of front-end whirring at 60,800 which was dismissed by their service dept. Only got worse. The manager is in discussion with the Mother Ship to see what they might do. He'd never seen this problem (?) The casual quote was $8K. This was our first Toyota- "They run forever!" Probably our last. Trash tranny, IMHP.
So get this. Service just called 2 days later. Toyota will split the cost!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Wow.. sorry to hear that. Even though I haven't had that problem I'm glad I got my 2019 C-HR with extended warranty for 100k miles.. if it get there without problems I guess I'll sell it afterwards ..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi new here to this forum, we bought a brand new Toyota CHR it’s only 3 years old and the transmission went on it, we’re over on miles so they won’t cover a new one. It’s so totally hard to believe that a transmission could go so soon, by the looks of it they seriously need to recall these . We were quoted at 10,000.00 for a new one plus taxes!!! Any advice would be much appreciated!
Am on the same boat… created a case with Toyota Corporate… they need to be made aware.. When I called they said they were not aware of any issues.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Mine goes in Saturday…. Whining noise Our mechanic believes it’s the Transmission, dealer said it may just need a transmission update 😳🙄 I’ll be getting this fixed and ditching this car! I loved it but have had electrical issues, stained seats because the fabric sucks! Love the gas mileage though 😭

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mine goes in Saturday…. Whining noise Our mechanic believes it’s the Transmission, dealer said it may just need a transmission update 😳🙄 I’ll be getting this fixed and ditching this car! I loved it but have had electrical issues, stained seats because the fabric sucks! Love the gas mileage though 😭
Speaking of electronics, I have a 2018 and I've experienced sudden power lose on multiple occasions. The check engine light comes on and resets after the fact and a drained battery is consistent. Toyota has been issued a Service Bulletin to erase the codes from the CPU and give you back your keys. They have 3 attempts before they will even consider a part replacement. By that time your Powertrain Warranty is expired. The part cost $900 if you are lucky (New Part Number 222A0-37025) for a Controller Assembly. This issue has been carried through every year the C-HR has been manufacturer. It's not new to Toyota.
Check your vehicle DCT Codes for P265B/ P2646 or P10A0 or P1055. If it was cleared, it is more than likely to reappear. This should have been a recall issue but it is not reported enough.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts