Toyota C-HR Forum banner

Transmission Noise

24K views 19 replies 13 participants last post by  Diba 
#1 ·
Anyone else experiencing a loud whining noise coming from transmission. It's especially bad while slowing down

#2 · (Edited)
Hmmm.... I just recently started hearing a high pitched whine coming from somewhere. I'm not sure that I would consider it loud- just annoying and concerning. It seems (from the drivers perspective) to come from the right front (tire? ). Increased pitch as car excelerates and decreases as it slows down. And it does seem less prominent at higher speeds (but that may just be because it increases pitch beyond human 20,000 hz hearing range). It also seems to be more evident in cooler temperatures, in the morning commute, but not always. I didn't consider the tranny but maybe? 2018 chr xls NA version 30,000 miles... Anyone else??? Any thoughts on this issue?

#17 ·
That is quite scary? - I am considering having my tranny fluid flushed at 25k miles then. I just pushed 21k miles on my 2018 C-HR last week (only drive it on weekends or when I feel like it). My 2018 Rav4 is my daily shuttle.

#11 ·
The transmission is replaced at the same time as the torque converter because there is no available remanufactured tranny for the CHR available through Toyota. They sell the tranny with no torque inserted, you order the torque separate it will always be like this until a reman comes available. Not sure what's failing, sounds like bearing inside the transmission. I'm a service manager in Canada, we've done 3 so far all with 90km-106km.
Not good. Built in Turkey! Gwan

#15 ·
Ugh. Hope it's not the same problem I had...
Check out this thread...