Toyota C-HR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Hmmm.... I just recently started hearing a high pitched whine coming from somewhere. I'm not sure that I would consider it loud- just annoying and concerning. It seems (from the drivers perspective) to come from the right front (tire? ). Increased pitch as car excelerates and decreases as it slows down. And it does seem less prominent at higher speeds (but that may just be because it increases pitch beyond human 20,000 hz hearing range). It also seems to be more evident in cooler temperatures, in the morning commute, but not always. I didn't consider the tranny but maybe? 2018 chr xls NA version 30,000 miles... Anyone else??? Any thoughts on this issue?

·
Registered
126 Posts
2018 C-HR Canada with 40 000 km i hear the whining with the acceleration. Sometimes I dont hear it at all or may be I just don't notice but it is certainly there increases with the acceleration and decreases when i let go off the gas

·
Registered
208 Posts
2018 C-HR Canada with 40 000 km i hear the whining with the acceleration. Sometimes I dont hear it at all or may be I just don't notice but it is certainly there increases with the acceleration and decreases when i let go off the gas
Thank you! Maybe I'm not losing my mind... Sounds exactly like my issue... Anyone else experiencing this?

·
Registered
126 Posts
No worries DrZeus. Btw coincidentally i have the same colour c-hr as you and we both have the similar issue 😐

·
Registered
2 Posts
The dealer said it's something in the transmission and it's making the oil turn dark and that's not good

·
Registered
2 Posts
The transmission is replaced at the same time as the torque converter because there is no available remanufactured tranny for the CHR available through Toyota. They sell the tranny with no torque inserted, you order the torque separate it will always be like this until a reman comes available. Not sure what's failing, sounds like bearing inside the transmission. I'm a service manager in Canada, we've done 3 so far all with 90km-106km.
Not good. Built in Turkey! Gwan

·
Registered
3 Posts
2018 toyota CHR 63000 miles took it to toyota it was making a humming noise. Need new transmission! purchased car new and toyota does not want to cover!

·
Registered
24 Posts
I bought mine 2018 but it's a new 2019 model with 11,000 miles as of today. I know what you guys hearing especially on the driver's side. That humming sounds like a turbo, I will bring this up on my next service and it seems like pretty concerning to me.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hmmm.... I just recently started hearing a high pitched whine coming from somewhere. I'm not sure that I would consider it loud- just annoying and concerning. It seems (from the drivers perspective) to come from the right front (tire? ). Increased pitch as car excelerates and decreases as it slows down. And it does seem less prominent at higher speeds (but that may just be because it increases pitch beyond human 20,000 hz hearing range). It also seems to be more evident in cooler temperatures, in the morning commute, but not always. I didn't consider the tranny but maybe? 2018 chr xls NA version 30,000 miles... Anyone else??? Any thoughts on this issue?
I am having that same problem 😕

·
Registered
208 Posts
Ugh. Hope it's not the same problem I had...
Check out this thread...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts