Toyota C-HR Forum banner
81 - 85 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #81 · (Edited)
Wow!! Good to hear! Hopefully, this is an indication Toyota corporate has acknowledged that there is a significant issue in their product that could cause them poor media attention and/or a class action suit and, perhaps, persuade them to be proactive before it becomes viral.
Are you listening TOYOTA?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Yes, very good news.
I still like to see exactly what is causing the "noise" - I would put money on those bearings like the K114 videos described. As for why the torque converter at at the same time??? Any idea? Is it a remedial issue? Tranny and TC has to match?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Wow!! Good to hear! Hopefully, this is an indication Toyota corporate has acknowledged that there is a significant issue in their product that could cause them poor media attention and/or a class action suit and, perhaps, persuade them to be proactive before it becomes viral.
Are you listening TOYOTA?
Thanks, Zeus. I worked in the automotive industry for about 25 years and will let my friends know at Toyota.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yes, very good news.
I still like to see exactly what is causing the "noise" - I would put money on those bearings like the K114 videos described. As for why the torque converter at at the same time??? Any idea? Is it a remedial issue? Tranny and TC has to match?
Believe it is remedial. Tranny and TC need to come out and best to replace both.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Thanks, Zeus. I worked in the automotive industry for about 25 years and will let my friends know at Toyota.
Hopefully Toyota won't do a "Gigabyte power supply" job with this issue -
Look at Gamers Nexus' video on Gigabyte's exploding power supplies.

Wish there was more videos about the K114 transmission. Not just the Russian/Odessa videos...

81 - 85 of 85 Posts