Toyota C-HR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hiroyuki Koba, general manager of the C-HR, said toyota wants to sell around 170,000 C-HR globally and it's already on sale in Japan.

They want to bring in new-to-Toyota customers with the C-HR's design and keep them with there with the car's driving dynamics.

“If you like it, you love it. If you don’t like it, you never will,” said Koba, its chief engineer. “We are looking for customers who disliked Toyota before. We want to turn their heads.”

The C-HR is definitely a head turner, we'll just have to see if it can attract the number of buyers Toyota wants.

·
Registered
410 Posts
170,000 C-HR globally? It depends on the time period they're looking at, over the course of a few years that number is possible. The C-HR design is very polarizing and it could drive potential buyers away to other Toyota models they're used to seeing. But I can see the appeal with those who likes to drive around in something that looks different. Look at the Kia soul and Nissan Juke, both are not exactly the industry standard but they're doing well.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I mean, it is just a goal that they have but I think they know they won't be hitting that in the first year. Maybe 3rd year in, they should be able to do it. It's one of those acquired tastes lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts