Toyota C-HR Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like the look of the factory roof rack on my 2019 C-HR, but i think it is decreasing my gas mileage by about 5 mpg. I am averaging about 21 or less mpg in normal driving mode. So, I am conflicted as to whether I should remove the bars or not. Anyone else have this same issue? I will try driving in eco mode and see if this helps.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Some manufactures do develop aerodynamically sound bars, Yakima and Thule come to mind so if you must have a rack style system those are great avenues.

Keep us posted on whatever you come across or plan to do.

·
Registered
384 Posts
the OEM crossbar is Thule... And that's why I haven't used mine yet!

·
Registered
384 Posts
Yakima WindShield is what I think it's called. For Thule it's Thule AirScreen

·
Registered
56 Posts
Try taking it off then driving without it to see if it improves. I suspect it something else that's causing the dramatic drop as 5 MPGs is a big hit. And if you consider that a lot of C-HR's come pre-installed with these racks from the dealer, you would see a lot more C-HRs with poor gas mileage right out of the gate.

·
Registered
384 Posts
I've ridden mine without it for all this time, and it's all tracked. I guess i can put it on and trend it for another few months. But ehhhhhhh so lazy hahah

·
Registered
384 Posts
How I wish my car is two-toned! :(

·
Registered
384 Posts
Sho23, look around for places that do wrap coating. You could get your roof done that way fairly inexpensively.

Good Luck!

Striker
I did. I forgot the number but it was I think about 800? Because of all the curvature on the roof tail...

·
Registered
47 Posts
I was going to have mine wrapped until I got a price of $450 NOT including the spoiler and antenna. The guy told me I would need to have those parts painted. I thought, if I'm going to have any of it painted, I'll have it all painted!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I was going to have mine wrapped until I got a price of $450 NOT including the spoiler and antenna. The guy told me I would need to have those parts painted. I thought, if I'm going to have any of it painted, I'll have it all painted!
Same here, I got the exact same quote as Graygoat! Crazy because it's only like a 8-900 add on from Toyota, would have taken 10-12 weeks to get though so we went without.

I'm thinking of plastidipping it shadow black, giving it a satin sheen. Would only cost about $200 plus my time since I have a sprayer already. Won't happen until the spring though.

-Russ

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.