Toyota C-HR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rumor has it that Toyota is currently working on a new sub compact SUV that will slow below the C-HR. It will be built upon their new TNGA-C platform and may even share a powertrain with the new Corolla. Its not expected to hit the market until sometime in 2020 but there is a rendering of what it could look like.

·
Super Moderator
321 Posts
I really have to scratch my head on this one as the C-HR is supposed to be this very vehicle. Had they put in the engine from the 2019 Corolla Hatchback into the C-HR for 2019, then they wouldn't need to waste resources and money developing this new car.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I agree. It makes way more sense to simply update the C-HR on a new platform and increase the number of engines on offer. Unless this is something they plan on restricting to foreign markets, I don't know why anyone would choose this over the C-HR.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hmmmm. That could explain the rumor of what's going to be built at the new Toyota-Mazda plant in North Alabama. When first announced, they said it would be for the next Corolla but with the market changing to Crossovers, they didn't know if a Corolla would be needed. So ... let's replace (or add to) the Corolla with a Corolla Crossover!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts