Toyota C-HR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally in exactly a month we'll see the C-HR in full, as confirmed by Toyota. Although Toyota has a habit of keeping concepts, hopefully we still get to see teaser photos in the days leading up to its reveal.

With the compact crossover segment booming with new entries, Toyota soon intends to burst into the popular market with a production version of the C-HR concept. The rakishly styled, little CUV will show off its final face at the 2016 Geneva Motor Show next March, and European sales will start before summer, Autocar reports. Customers in the US will likely get to drive the angular model, too.

The C-HR concept's chiseled shape is expected to make the transition to the road largely unaltered. According to Autocar, customers reportedly really dig the razor-sharp look versus a more conventional CUV design. A hybrid is also expected to be included in the production powertrain lineup, but non-electrified options could be available, too.

The Japanese automaker last displayed the C-HR at this year's Frankfurt Motor Show. Underneath the avant-garde shape, the Toyota New Global Architecture provided the underpinnings, and a hybrid powertrain was there for propulsion. The concept's general design idea was actually the revival of a three-door crossover from the 2014 Paris Motor Show.

In addition, the production C-HR is expected eventually to arrive in the US but likely wearing a Scion badge. Spy shots highly suggest that a crossover is already under development, and the entry would give the division a much-needed challenger to the Nissan Juke, Honda HR-V, Mazda CX-3, and plenty of others. Plus, the brand is keeping it absolutely no secret that a third, new model is on way to join the iA and iM.
Toyota confirms C-HR crossover to debut at Geneva

·
Registered
257 Posts
The C-HR concept's chiseled shape is expected to make the transition to the road largely unaltered.
So they're going to keep those sexy angles and sharp headlights/tailights? I want one!
Now we'll have to see if the interior matches the exterior.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah. What you should do is take a look at how they have transitioned from concept to production in the past, you'll get an idea of what to expect. They're known for keeping concepts close to production models.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Concept was definitely for no reason. The typical Scion things about the design wont make it but surely most of it will stick and we all know those Scion things about design aren't BIG, quite small.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Yeah. What you should do is take a look at how they have transitioned from concept to production in the past, you'll get an idea of what to expect. They're known for keeping concepts close to production models.
Not really, the Scion iM concept looked great and it was watered down into that ugly production model.

·
Registered
59 Posts
The Scion concept wasn't different at all from the Toyota concept except the badge. They were literally the same other than that.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Not really, the Scion iM concept looked great and it was watered down into that ugly production model.
You haven't seen many concepts then, if you did, you would know what I mean. Most concepts Toyota shows off are close to production models, that's a fact, not my opinion.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Even the inner parts of the headlight setup seem to flow well with the concept since that was one area I knew they would keep very simple, but here they seem to have it up with the times, maybe even a little ahead.

Impressive for a production model in this segment.

·
Registered
11 Posts
The Toyota C-HR will be sold in the UK with two powertrains. The first is the 1.2-litre turbocharged engine that was first shown in the Toyota Auris. This four-cylinder petrol engine makes 85 kW (114 hp) and 185 Nm of torque and can be had with a 6-speed manual transmission or a continuously variable transmission. Drivetrain layout choices will include front-wheel drive and four-wheel drive, and CVT will be available in both of them.

The second option will be a hybrid system consisting of a 1.8-litre petrol engine that develops 72 kW (97 hp) and 142 Nm of torque and an electric motor that generates 53 kW (71 hp) and 163 Nm of torque. Both together make 122 PS (120 hp). An electronic continuously variable transmission should be a standard in the hybrid model. The CO2 emissions rating will be under 90 g/km.

I got more photos under the photo section of this forum

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Anyone think that the headlights we're seeing here won't become standard? Starting to think the standard lights might just have halogen projectors and maybe one or two simple LED strips. Nothing too crazy. What we're looking at here should be a top of the line trim.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Here's a camouflaged C-HR and the headlights don't exactly looks like the revealed one, it has the general shape but a few aspects has been changed. i'm hoping we get something similar to the LED low-beam lamps from the Prius V since those lights earned a "good" rating for headlights from IIHS while other more expensive models failed.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I hope those partially black headlight housing hold up because from what i've seen in full chrome it might not look as good. Plus these days that seems to be the direction car makers are going... less chrome than before.

·
Registered
248 Posts
It looks a lot more higher end under all that camo and with the headlights and what not. Something along the lines of range rover evoque if they had a jdm version of it lol

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It looks a lot more higher end under all that camo and with the headlights and what not. Something along the lines of range rover evoque if they had a jdm version of it lol
It already had a boxy shape sort of like what you find on RR's along with the 'floating' roof.

·
Registered
257 Posts
That rear end looks a bit too sloped for taller rear passengers to sit comfortable without hitting their head. I'm all for sporty looks but crossovers and SUVs are meant to be comfortable and spacious too.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I'm not too sure, doesn't really seem like that from how I look at it. The seats could be a bit lower in the rear end as well giving that extra little bit of headroom ?

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
They need to at least fit someone in the back that's just about 6 feet, which I think it right above what the average american male is.
Being a vehicle to be sold in other markets as well they have even more of a reason to get that part right.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts