Toyota C-HR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Toyota is set to reveal the all new C-HR at the Geneva Motor Show next month but before then, CarpScoops has come out with a rendering of what they think the production form of the C-HR could look like. Probably basing it on what they could make out from the covered mule spy shots taken earlier this month and the already revealed concept model.

Originally trademarked under the Scion marque, the new C-HR will be released as a Toyota but that doesn’t mean it still won’t embody the youthful design of the concept model revealed back in 2014 and if the rendering is anything to go by then Toyota could appeal to the new generation of yuccies.

The nose with its Toyota emblem is reminiscent of the Scion iM, a slightly angled 'v' shape with the emblem jutting out. Quite a bit of the concept crossover has made its way onto the rendering including the diamond mesh grille, angled headlights, flared fenders, floating roof and the roofline may have been toned down a bit to accommodate taller passengers in the back.

Under the shell is most likely going to be the new Toyota New Global Architecture (TNGA) modular platform since the first cars to use it will be C-segment, front-wheel drive models. This new platform will not only save Toyota 20% in production costs but it’s also designed with performance and efficiency in mind. Overall body rigidity has been increased thanks to higher strength materials, the center of gravity has been lowered and they managed to do this while reducing the platform weight. In terms of size, you could be looking at cabin dimensions similar to that of a Mazda CX3 and Chevrolet Trax.

Paired with that platform is Toyota’s new thermal efficient hybrid powertrain similar, if not the same as the one found in the new Prius with a thermal efficiency of 40 percent.

Once the C-HR is out, it will have to go up against other small crossovers in the segment like the Mazda CX3, Chevrolet Trax, Nissan Juke, etc.

How do you think it’ll fair in the segment?

·
Registered
59 Posts
This render looks pretty accurate. I can see the concept in it, but at the same time it looks production ready. I really want to see the back though. That's the true mystery.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Not a fan of the grille being split into three sections. Hope that's not the final product because that looks strange.

·
Registered
551 Posts
For some reason thinking of how it will look with TRD parts popped into my head, must be because of how sporty the front end is. Would you guys be interested in TRD parts?

·
Registered
410 Posts
We're probably going to get that headlight shape since it looks like the one in the teaser image. Other than that, I don't see much resemblance.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Another important thing to point out about that headlight is its design is in line with the brands current design, same goes for the rest of the vehicle. So I have a feeling this is almost right on the ball. Most so than other renderings out there.

·
Registered
59 Posts
With Scion closing shop I think that other models may have some more fun styling incorporated. They have to infuse a little of that youthfulness in the brand.

·
Registered
257 Posts
The wheel wells look similar to the teaser toyota released and I'm glad the grille doesn't. I don't want three sections on top of each other.

·
Registered
551 Posts
It sure does, i'm just glad this rendering doesn't show wheel wells like what the Lexus NX has. Thankfully the concept version to this had normal wheel wells if it wasn't for that maybe it would be something different?

·
Registered
59 Posts
I think that the place where we will see something creative is at the back end. Not the wheel wells, or the grille.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Just seen information on a Lexus version of it, that's something i'll be on the look out for, just to feed my curiousity since typically there are big changes although the platform is the same. But proportions should also remain similar.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts