Toyota C-HR Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Has anyone tried to replace the 2017 stock infotainment system to stock 2019 is upgradable to new software version with Google and Apple CarPlay?

I've seen images that the old unit has very small base inside, but the new much bigger. Anyway based on video on YouTube there is enough space to fit the new unit.

Link for video how to remove the head unit.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi All,

Has anyone tried to replace the 2017 stock infotainment system to stock 2019 is upgradable to new software version with Google and Apple CarPlay?

I've seen images that the old unit has very small base inside, but the new much bigger. Anyway based on video on YouTube there is enough space to fit the new unit.

Link for video how to remove the head unit.
Not sure you are gaining anything. I have a 2019 and the Entune software is crap.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This information is news to me. I've been searching the internet/ forum as well as contacting Toyota about the Entune software.
Thanks for sharing the link.
No problem, our local dealership offer to upgrade any 2019 + C-HR head unit to new software for £70.00, so it will have Carplay and Android auto. Unfortunately, the old head unit is not compatible, that's why I'm interested in to upgrade to 2019 head unit, as it has a new software update. :D

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just read the article you linked.
The article stated the software upgrade is for Rav4 and Corollas. If you scroll through the comments on the article Toyota UK specifically says update is not compatible with C-HR

·
Registered
5 Posts
Nope, it does. The 2020 and 2019 have same head unit. Just need software update.
I was also told this could not be done by the dealership I purchased my C-HR from. Do you have the technical specs, data and where to obtain the procedures so I can take the to the dealer?

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
I was also told this could not be done by the dealership I purchased my C-HR from. Do you have the technical specs, data and where to obtain the procedures so I can take the to the dealer?
In the US, there is no official AA update for 2019 head units. From appearances, the 2020 and 2019 head units appear to be the same. But who knows what stupidity was engineered into the head units by Toyota. This whole AA roll out has been the biggest cluster I've seen in a while. One region gets the update while others don't. Some models get the update but others don't. Poor messaging to us as customers and even to the dealerships themselves. Whoever is in charge of the Infotainment/Entune 3.0 group should be fired.

If you look at my thread below, I found a very good option to give Android capability to those of us with Carplay only head units. I'm sort of glad Toyota botched this as it made me wait and look for alternative options. The solution I have is immensely better than any AA implementation Toyota has implemented.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts