Toyota C-HR Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you guys notice that the car doesn't have tire pressure indicators??? What? New car. Last week I have to guess which tire was low. A brand new car...
Luis

·
Registered
144 Posts
Neither does the RAV4.
I have a digital tire guage and check at least once a month. And after the dealer does a tire rotation. The dealer always let out the air I put in.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Neither does the RAV4.
I have a digital tire guage and check at least once a month. And after the dealer does a tire rotation. The dealer always let out the air I put in.
I did that. BUt the question is why if cheaper car has the option on the screen.

·
Registered
15 Posts
You can see the tire pressure in the Toyota app for iPhone (don't know if the Android version does this.)

·
Registered
15 Posts
It's just Toyota ( at least, in the iOS store; I assume it has the same name in Google Play).

·
Registered
144 Posts
Personally, I don't care if the tire pressure is not available on the information center.
Hence - I check tires on a monthly basis regardless. I got analog gauges in both the C-HR and my RAV4.

Just fire up my pancake air compressor attach digital gauge/filler and go - reminds me - I need to do that this week. I need to check my PWC trailer tires as well.

I got this one:
https://www.amazon.com/AZUNO-Flashl...ds=tire+pressure+gauge&qid=1631194602&sr=8-53

·
Registered
13 Posts
Personally, I don't care if the tire pressure is not available on the information center.
Hence - I check tires on a monthly basis regardless. I got analog gauges in both the C-HR and my RAV4.

Just fire up my pancake air compressor attach digital gauge/filler and go - reminds me - I need to do that this week. I need to check my PWC trailer tires as well.

I got this one:
https://www.amazon.com/AZUNO-Flashl...ds=tire+pressure+gauge&qid=1631194602&sr=8-53
Right.... I do the same with all my cars. I believe it is more of a "user preference" or convenience for some as not everyone has the gauge readily available or a compressor.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yoyo, where do I find that screen. I also have the Toyota app on my android, but I can't find the tire pressure graphic. Where do I need to look? Thanks.
Sure... when you go to My Garage (top), and select your car (if not already selected), scroll down where it says "Tire Pressure "...

Font Material property Parallel Rectangle Screenshot

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yoyo, thanks for the quick reply. I don't have a Tire Pressure on my menu. Maybe we have different app versions, mine is v. 1.1.66.

Font Material property Parallel Number

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hummm that's kind of weird. Mine is 1.1.66(66) as well.... not sure..

Other than my vehicle being a C-HR 2019, don't see any other difference....

Would you uninstall and reinstall it?
Rectangle Font Parallel Screenshot Number

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yoyo, I uninstalled and reinstalled. No change in app menus. Probably the 2018 didn't have the same system as yours and individual tire pressures can't be read out. That probably made it difficult for the dealership in the 2018 model, so they added the individual read out capability in 2019. Anybody else out there with knowledge of the 2018 TPM system have any input on this?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Sorry to hear that. Let me do some research. Do you know if your car has connected-services? ( when checking the connected-services support, the 2018 C-HR is not listed-see below)
Communication Device Font Portable communications device Gadget Mobile device

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yoyo, I have no idea what connected services are. I've never even heard the term before, but I'll check it out. It's got whatever came standard with the XLE Premium trim. Based on what I see on your screenshot, it doesn't look like Connected Services were available on the 2018 model.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts