Toyota C-HR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I seem to have this clicking clunking feeling when turning the steering wheel in either direction. It will happen when I become stationary and then go to move the steering wheel left or right. I can feel a clunk coming up through the steering column which feels like it may be the coming from the rack. Sometimes I can feel this when moving in traffic as well when I change the steering from a constant position that I have been driving in and start to move the steering wheel as I change direction. Anyone else have this?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks for your post. Yes I noticed the exact same issue. Stationary but only happens if you turn the wheel to the right. I will be taking it in to Toyota on my 8k checkup. Keep us posted if you receive any additional information on this issue.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same problem on my 2019 chr in Canada. Only clunks when you move it left or right when the vehicle is stationary. I have a friend with a 2011 corolla and it has the same issue. Might just be a toyota problem?

·
Registered
125 Posts
No issues with my 2018 C-HR in Canada. Had this noise on my 2011 Venza. Sold the car before digging into what caused it

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have also heard the same on my 2019. It’s not even consistent so when I had a friend of mine drive it, he only heard it one time so it was hard for him to figure it out and he has been in the body repair for a long time

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Unfortunately I had it on both my 2018 XLE and 2019 Limited. I could not stand it. I did end up traded the 19 in after the dealer checked others on the lot and found most did the same thing and diagnosed it as normal.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts