Toyota C-HR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, but the snow is also in part where plastic connect with the frame, so that's mean that water with salt will be on metal (even under plastic).

But from your answer I understand that its normal in this car that snow get in this area?
Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire Hood

· Premium Member
524 Posts
That's weird. I've never had this issue and have driven my car through various snow storms. Do you have the mud/splash guards on your vehicle?

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's weird. I've never had this issue and have driven my car through various snow storms. Do you have the mud/splash guards on your vehicle?
I'm not sure if I'm thinking about the same think as you, so i would appreciate a photo of the part that You mean.

There is that weird plastic but its not like in same other cars which have that long rubber plate that almost touching road.

· Premium Member
524 Posts
I'm not sure if I'm thinking about the same think as you, so i would appreciate a photo of the part that You mean.

There is that weird plastic but its not like in same other cars which have that long rubber plate that almost touching road.
The splash guards are the plastic extensions/flaps at the edge of the wheel well in the picture below:

· Registered
213 Posts
I don't have flaps on mine, but when it snows again - this week? Perhaps I should check. My only concern in the winter is having a stuck gas hatch. Press button and it is stuck/frozen.

· Premium Member
524 Posts
The reason why I ask if you have the guards installed is because I have them on my car and have not had the snow accumulations you're having in the rear door jambs.

· Registered
24 Posts
But I bought that car in Toyota showroom (half a year ego), so that mean that they sold me incomplete car?
Looking at your tires, it would appear they are protruding (low offset) beyond fender line, and if that is the case, it would be throwing snow onto the side of your car...

· Premium Member
524 Posts
But I bought that car in Toyota showroom (half a year ego), so that mean that they sold me incomplete car?
The mud guards are an option. They don't come with the car. I bought mine from a dealership online and installed them myself. Sometimes a dealer will install them and list the car for sale with the mud guards as an installed option. So you don't have an incomplete car.

· Premium Member
524 Posts
Looking at your tires, it would appear they are protruding (low offset) beyond fender line, and if that is the case, it would be throwing snow onto the side of your car...
I think it's more of the way the pictures were taken to give that impression.

Reactions: igzy

· Registered
24 Posts
The mud guards are an option. They don't come with the car. I bought mine from a dealership online and installed them myself. Sometimes a dealer will install them and list the car for sale with the mud guards as an installed option. So you don't have an incomplete car.
Looking at the photos, it is quite possible that his didn't come with mudguards.
Mine came with mudguards...

Front:

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Vehicle Tread

Rear:

Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design

· Premium Member
524 Posts
Looking at the photos, it is quite possible that his didn't come with mudguards.
Mine came with mudguards...

Front:

View attachment 6665

Rear:

View attachment 6666
That's where I'm going with asking if he has the guards or not. Based on his last reply, he doesn't. So I'm wondering if these guards help prevent the snow build up in the lower corner of the door jambs for the rear doors. I've never experienced the snow build up as I ordered and installed the guards shortly after buying my car. It's a worth while option and a lesson learned from the experience with my BMW 135i. BMW had factory mud guards which have been out of production for quite some time. Well, these guards have become unobtanium as they're hard to find even used. Many are charging higher than new prices. Unfortunately, the aftermarket/Chinese knockoffs have not come up with a close equivalent. The most similar offering requires modification of the guard and doesn't match the factory fit.

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I checked today and i don't have them. I will order them from Toyota, but I'm really surprised that they are selling cars where snow is almost getting inside the car....

· Registered
24 Posts
That's where I'm going with asking if he has the guards or not. Based on his last reply, he doesn't. So I'm wondering if these guards help prevent the snow build up in the lower corner of the door jambs for the rear doors. I've never experienced the snow build up as I ordered and installed the guards shortly after buying my car. It's a worth while option and a lesson learned from the experience with my BMW 135i. BMW had factory mud guards which have been out of production for quite some time. Well, these guards have become unobtanium as they're hard to find even used. Many are charging higher than new prices. Unfortunately, the aftermarket/Chinese knockoffs have not come up with a close equivalent. The most similar offering requires modification of the guard and doesn't match the factory fit.
I live in snow belt (Southern Ontario, a few miles from Buffalo NY) and haven't had any build up like this shown with mine. Mine '21 is Limited grade so I can see why it has mudguards from factory, whereas lower grades may not come with them...

2019 brochure has them listed as optional accessory:

Product Automotive tire Automotive lighting Font Automotive exterior

I checked today and i don't have them. I will order them from Toyota, but I'm really surprised that they are selling cars where snow is almost getting inside the car....
I found this on AliEx with good reviews:

· Premium Member
524 Posts
I live in snow belt (Southern Ontario, a few miles from Buffalo NY) and haven't had any build up like this shown with mine. Mine '21 is Limited grade so I can see why it has mudguards from factory, whereas lower grades may not come with them...

2019 brochure has them listed as optional accessory:

View attachment 6667

I found this on AliEx with good reviews:

As far as I know, these mud guards have always been an optional accessory and not factory installed. It's not uncommon for these types of accessories to be dealer installed options or at the port of entry/arrival. BMW has a few options that are installed at the port of receiving here in the States before the car is sent to the dealer.

· Premium Member
524 Posts
Design oversights happen all the time. The new Supra has a terrible wind buffeting issue. It's so bad that many people can't have the windows open at higher speeds as the noise is unbearable. The aftermarket came up with a fix that attaches to the outside A pillar next to the outside mirrors to divert air flow away from the edge of the door.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts