Toyota C-HR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi have a brand new 2019 chr due to the covid 19 lock down I have not being running the vehicle but i start the engine and keep it running for 20 minutes weekly now there are two messages appearing on my dashboard is it due to a rat attack or low battery voltage please advice

·
Super Moderator
298 Posts
Could be from low battery voltage. Hard to tell without scoping the computer. Have you tested the battery?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Could be from low battery voltage. Hard to tell without scoping the computer. Have you tested the battery?
Not yet need to get the battery tested the vehicle was inside my garage closed up for few weeks without being used could this be the reason ?

·
Super Moderator
298 Posts
Yes. It's worth a check; especially since you've said the car has sat for a while. I've seen in other cars where low system voltage will cause all sorts of weird issues with the electronics. The preferred method of maintaining your battery is to use a battery tender. Idling the car may or may not be enough to maintain the battery. But idling for long durations is not good for your engine.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes I hardly used the car the car was idling on the garage which is fully covered so I guess that's also an issue

·
Super Moderator
298 Posts
What I suggest is to see if you can get a battery tender/trickle charger. If you can't do that, maybe run the car one more time and then disconnect the battery. It'll be a pain to have to go back and set your clock and such. But it's going to be better than idling the engine periodically. If you anticipate being locked down into the forseeable future, I'd also see if you can get some fuel stabilizer to put into your gas tank.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts