Toyota C-HR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I'm looking for your honest opinions here and I really appreciate your help.

I'm going to be able to retire soon, so I want to buy a new vehicle that will last me for years to come. I'm going to tow a small, 15 to 17 foot long boat at times, and a camper at other times. Neither one should weigh more than 1,500 pounds.
Also, I need a vehicle with a lower seat height because my wife is in a wheelchair and will need to transfer over.

I'm concerned about the CVT transmission holding up on this vehicle. I've seen several sites complain about the 2018 C-HR's CVT failing, and several threads here. I'm hoping that the 2021 has a better designed CVT, does anyone know if they have improved them?

So, should I buy the C-HR, or do you think there is a better vehicle for my needs?

Thanks for your feedback,
Dave

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey guys,
I'm looking for your honest opinions here and I really appreciate your help.

I'm going to be able to retire soon, so I want to buy a new vehicle that will last me for years to come. I'm going to tow a small, 15 to 17 foot long boat at times, and a camper at other times. Neither one should weigh more than 1,500 pounds.
Also, I need a vehicle with a lower seat height because my wife is in a wheelchair and will need to transfer over.

I'm concerned about the CVT transmission holding up on this vehicle. I've seen several sites complain about the 2018 C-HR's CVT failing, and several threads here. I'm hoping that the 2021 has a better designed CVT, does anyone know if they have improved them?

So, should I buy the C-HR, or do you think there is a better vehicle for my needs?

Thanks for your feedback,
Dave
hello..i bought a 2021 toyota ch-r last january..everything was doing ok with the car..come this last friday.. while parking at the garage work it suddenly accelerated on its own..i was unable to break..for it happen so fast ..and i end up crashing on the wall..Gladly i’m okay but i got so traumatized with it that i will never drive it again..I read somewhere that 2017 & 2018 model have the same issue..i guess toyota didn’t fix that issue cause the defect came out again in my car..Pls do your research before considering this car..thank you..

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you both for your replies and information. It looks like my search for the best vehicle for my needs will have to continue.
Thanks again,
Dave

·
Registered
2021 Blizzard Pearl Nightshade C-HR
9 Posts
Yes, I would definitely look into another vehicle if you are looking to tow anything. The CVT transmissions are definitely not rated for that in any way. Sounds like you need more of a crossover/small suv, not a crossover/small hatchback. These cars are pretty much made to get from point a to point b and that's it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts