Toyota C-HR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heard about this iR being a new City Car for the brand, something to potentially be the iQ's successor. My needs for a vehicle are basic enough that my current vehicle, a 99 Civic EK Hatchback, is more than enough.

Always wanted a compact along the lines of a SmartCar or iQ, never liked the iQ and was discouraged from getting a SmartCar... iR could be it, especially with what I've been seeing of Scion recently.

·
Registered
410 Posts
How compact are you hoping the Scion iR will be?
Both the iQ and the smartcar are tiny compared to the rendering in the banner.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The Scion iR won't be that size. It's compact but more like the size of the Toyota Aygo probably.
Still not far off but the iQ helps to create a good frame of reference, good for those that aren't entirely sure about these compacts. Not every day that you see them on the road... for now.

·
Registered
59 Posts
The iQ is about the smallest that cars come so saying something is bigger than it doesn't really say much in my opinion.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Again it comes back to a reference point and that's what it is in the city car game, it's one of the few that people are familiar with.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's a bit overboard but I was thinking in terms of the Mazda 2 hatch and Toyota Aygo, the next step up.

·
Registered
11 Posts
ScioniR

Heard about this iR being a new City Car for the brand, something to potentially be the iQ's successor. My needs for a vehicle are basic enough that my current vehicle, a 99 Civic EK Hatchback, is more than enough.

Always wanted a compact along the lines of a SmartCar or iQ, never liked the iQ and was discouraged from getting a SmartCar... iR could be it, especially with what I've been seeing of Scion recently.
I personally like the scioniR. It has the sporty look to it too and compact for a daily commute.

What was discouraging you from getting the other ones?

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I personally like the scioniR. It has the sporty look to it too and compact for a daily commute.

What was discouraging you from getting the other ones?
But the Scion iR isn't even out yet, no concept or anything of what will be the iR. Unless you know of something I don't

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Fortunately we're seeing it in that picture as a Toyota, which does help in taking away all the Scion things about a design, almost no need here to guess what a Toyota version will look like, we're seeing it here.

All i'd want to see more of at this point is it in different colors, darker colors.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Fortunately we're seeing it in that picture as a Toyota, which does help in taking away all the Scion things about a design, almost no need here to guess what a Toyota version will look like, we're seeing it here.

All i'd want to see more of at this point is it in different colors, darker colors.
That is the Toyota version, and the version that will be sold, and it is no different from the Scion version other than the badge.

The concept was shown with both Toyota and Scion badges; the production model only with Toyota, but there is no difference in design that has to do with the badge.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well now there will only be a Toyota version, maybe a Lexus version but no Scion version since Scion is heading to the chopping block. Being a vehicle not out yet they won't bring it under Scion for the remaining 6-months or whatever they have left, won't make sense.

·
Registered
410 Posts
If you're talking about Scion in general, yes their models are generally pretty good for commuting the old hatchback they had was pretty nice too. Just too low to the ground for my tastes.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
If you're talking about Scion in general, yes their models are generally pretty good for commuting the old hatchback they had was pretty nice too. Just too low to the ground for my tastes.
They aren't much lower than your average vehicle in that segment and overall they made vehicles that ride at a similar height to most compact and small cars.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts