Toyota C-HR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been seeing a lot of new commercials coming out especially Star Wars themed ones.
What direction do you think Scion will go for their iR commercials?

I'd like to see Ryan Reynolds as dead pool driving around in the recd iR. Still fits into their "weird" concept for the iA and iM.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Probably nothing mainstream like Star Wars or Deadpool. Think Scion had some small time stars advertise the Scion iA and iM. Don't remember their names but one of them was famous for making buns. :p Maybe they'll find some more people like that.

And Scion probably has a limited budget.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think the best marketing Scion can do is have another mod challenge for the iR. the mod series drew a lot of interest for an extended period of time.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Not sure if they can do the same mods but I think along the lines of targeting specific groups like Skiers, Snowboarders, etc with an iR customized around that theme.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Would be great if that's where they go with the mod challenge because I'm a snowboarder and I need a nice vehicle for my weekend getaways. Sell it to the active crowd.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Do the scion tuner challenge teams sell the parts used on their sites? Would be handy to have everything in one location so iR buyers can know exactly what mods they want to make and where to find them.

·
Registered
59 Posts
The tuner challenge seems to indicate that there will be lots of parts available for purchase for Scion vehicles in the future.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Not really, apparently a lot of those tuner parts were custom made to fit the car. Could or could not be one off parts that future Scion owners can't buy.

It's a great marketing strategy but the tuner challenge wasn't used in their commercials.

·
Registered
551 Posts
I think the coilover system use was slightly modified to work on the iA. They got it from a big brand, look up the specs list and you'll see.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts