Toyota C-HR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let the slammage begin. RS-R has already developed coilovers for the C-HR.

Here's a photo with the Sports-i Coilovers installed to a height that I'm actually quite comfortable with and like very much.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Not a fan of stanced and slammed mods, just have a fear of wheels rubbing against the wheel well when going over bumps and hole. I;m sure cornering grip and performance is enhanced, but not worth it to me and at the cost of ride comfort.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don't have any info on spring rates or anything so they could actually maintain a fair bit of comfort, as for the height, it seems that it's at a level where the wheels wouldn't rub on the inside. But it definitely isn't for everyone.

Me personally, this is the absolute lowest I would go and be happy with. Anything lower and I would absolutely hate it as I'm completely opposed to having your vehicle so low to the point where drive-ability is compromised.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Some vehicles are lowered to the point where a bit of the wheel is hidden by the wheel well. What we're seeing isn't that bad but is I'm purchasing a crossover, I'd rather not sit so low. That's what coupes are for and they come that low from factory.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Some people definitely prefer that look on just about anything, but it's a small amount of people compared to the overall buyers obviously. Me, I like seeing them, but I'd rather keep stock height for comfort and taking the C-HR onto some different terrains.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Other than the coilovers, I'm liking the all black look on the C-HR. Sometimes a car can look flat if you go all black but the C-HR has enough ridges and pinched metal to pull it off.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
When the light hits the ridges, pinches, and lines on an all black C-HR, it just highlights all those features so beautifully. In the night time driving through the streets under the street lights, it would really look super sporty.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Can't wait for these to be launched, hopefully these allow for enough adjustability because dampening is one thing I want to play around with. Although this isn't in any way a super sporty vehicle, any way to make my commutes that much more enjoyable is a plus, have to carve out those turns.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I'm looking forward to leaving the height and maybe some strut and sway bars. Reduce the body roll, put some stickier tires on it and call it a nice daily driver that I can use to have some fun on some bendy roads.

·
Registered
551 Posts
I'm looking forward to leaving the height and maybe some strut and sway bars. Reduce the body roll, put some stickier tires on it and call it a nice daily driver that I can use to have some fun on some bendy roads.
That's a good mix. To start I'll get springs and when they come out i'll get coilovers with air bags, which should serve me well. I have a mix of city driving and then out to cottage area which calls for a slightly higher ride height.

If the CH-R is really that good, it will be my long term buy that I do some decent range of mods on.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Reviews from auto publications are still streaming in and one from Carscoops said that cornering abilities were sacrificed for comfort. Would the RS-R coilovers help improve the vehicle's turning sharpness?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Do these come with a new nameplate for the lift gate?
I figure since C-HR means "Coupe-High Riding", then you'd re-label it as a C-LR!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts