Toyota C-HR Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Replaced wiper blades on the C-HR
Can not find any Bosch or Trico brands for this thing. Has to be that strange push in square on the wiper arm.

·
Premium Member
409 Posts
I just replaced the driver's side wiper with a Bosch. You have to use one of the supplied adapter fittings to make it work as the one already installed on the wiper from the factory is not the right one. The weird part is the passenger side seems to be out of stock every where where I am. Even the driver's side was sparse and I happened to find one at a store nearby.

·
Registered
2019 Toyota C-HR
4 Posts
Does anyone know if the wiper arms from another toyota will fit the c-hr? I want to find a pair that will fit so I dont have to go hunting for wiper blades anymore. Most places dont carry blades for this car because of its goofy connector.

·
Premium Member
409 Posts
Does anyone know if the wiper arms from another toyota will fit the c-hr? I want to find a pair that will fit so I dont have to go hunting for wiper blades anymore. Most places dont carry blades for this car because of its goofy connector.
I don't see how the "goofy" connector is causing issues with getting wiper blades for our cars. It's more a function of the supply chain. I recently managed to buy the 27" long blade for the driver's side wiper. It's a Bosch which included a bunch of different adapters to allow the blade to be used with a wide range of cars. This will be the case for any aftermarket wiper blade. So far, I've been unable to find an equivalent Bosch in 16" for the passenger side. I have found some from other brands but would rather keep both front blades the same.

·
Registered
2019 Toyota C-HR
4 Posts
I don't see how the "goofy" connector is causing issues with getting wiper blades for our cars. It's more a function of the supply chain. I recently managed to buy the 27" long blade for the driver's side wiper. It's a Bosch which included a bunch of different adapters to allow the blade to be used with a wide range of cars. This will be the case for any aftermarket wiper blade. So far, I've been unable to find an equivalent Bosch in 16" for the passenger side. I have found some from other brands but would rather keep both front blades the same.
I bought my car new in 2019 and Ive always had an issue finding blades for this car, its not just a supply issue. Recently I went to buy blades for my car and oreillys had the passenger side blade only, advanced auto had no blades for my car what so ever, walmart had the rear blade only, autozone has a few options but they are all among the most expensive wiper blades of them all. Yes the bosch makes wiper blades for this car, but I dont want to spend $60 on wiper blades every year, which is what I actually have to pay when buying bosch and yes I go through them yearly if not sooner. Most brands dont bother adding the type of adapter that these wiper arms need, they have ones similar, but not often for these ones (at least not where Im at). I just want to find a different set of wiper arms with a more common type of connector so I can choose for myself what I want to buy and not be stuck buying the expensive bosch ones that dont last long for me. Also, I think the driver side blade length is supposed to be 26 inch, but if 27 works then thats that. And yes, the connector type is goofy. No other toyota that I know of uses this style, I dont know why toyota decided that the C-HR needed a different type than all their other cars.

·
Premium Member
409 Posts
I only went off of memory on the 27".

What are you doing that you are going through blades every year?

·
Registered
2019 Toyota C-HR
4 Posts
Im not entirely sure, I live where it snows in the winter whicj could be a part of it. I dont abuse the wipers and turn them on when theres clumps of ice on the windshield like some people might, but once it turns to spring they begin to streak and dont perform too well. The rear one lasts a while longer than the front ones, but I dont have a main reason that I know of as to why they always just start in. I havent had much of a wiper problem on my previous cars, at least not like I do these days.

·
Premium Member
409 Posts
I live in an area which gets snow/ice too. Haven't had a problem getting more than a year out of my wipers. When you wash the car, do you also clean the wipers? By cleaning I mean running your wash mit across the rubber blade. The other thing you can do is to thoroughly clean your windshield and apply a ceramic coating on it.

·
Registered
384 Posts
This year is the 1st time I replaced mine, got the car from Dec '17 haha.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts