Toyota C-HR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Just wanted to see what everybody is getting for their remote range? I can't seem to lock/unlock my doors more than 40 feet away from the car and this is an empty space and a straight shot with no obstacles.

Is this normal? Because I have had cars with much better range than that.

Thanks!

·
Registered
352 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
The distance is absolute shorter than any I car i've had in the past.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it's pretty cruddy. I went as far as looking up the FCC paperwork to find the circuit board design and where the antenna is... I stopped short of actually opening it and soldering on an extension LOL.

https://fccid.io/MOZBR1ET/Internal-Photos/Internal-Photo-2847706
hahaha, dude i I could I would, but got a case of shaky hands :crying:

The distance is absolute shorter than any I car i've had in the past.
Okay glad its not just me, I really thought I got a dud

·
Registered
352 Posts
hahaha, dude i I could I would, but got a case of shaky hands :crying:
I just don't know how I'll make it look presentable after...

·
Registered
80 Posts
Yeah the range sucks. Worst was my Subaru Forester however.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Yep very short. I got a viper remote starter installed, so I use the starter remote that it has a about half of kilometer range.

·
Registered
97 Posts
After a software update from the dealer, the range has easily tripled in distance.

·
Registered
119 Posts
After a software update from the dealer, the range has easily tripled in distance.
Can you elaborate on this.. What Software update? and did it really help with the distance.. (Maybe you still have the receipt with the work done so we can get it done as well)..

Thanx!!

·
Registered
208 Posts
Can you elaborate on this.. What Software update? and did it really help with the distance.. (Maybe you still have the receipt with the work done so we can get it done as well)..

Thanx!!
More info please! A software update could fix a few minor problems with this vehicle... Looking forward to something....

·
Registered
551 Posts
I think that could be for a number of reasons like them limiting the range initially for whatever concern or issue came up at the time that couldn't be resolved before launch. Too bad these days we still have small problems from things that seem so simple to get right.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I had a talk with the dealer about this, the ONLY update they put in was actually for the touch® 2 with go.
And also a new battery in the key fob.

Before these changes, the fob only worked when I was almost standing next too the car, now it works from 30 metre away!

·
Registered
203 Posts
Glad to hear the keyless entry has been improved, regardless of how they actually did it. Guess all it needed was a more powerful battery aha?

·
Registered
352 Posts
So has anyone else fixed the range issues by replacing their battery? I ask because the range on mine sucks.......
Nope even with fresh battery it still sucks

Reactions: jdillard

·
Registered
56 Posts
How would a software update increase the signal strength of the fob? That's great news if that's true though.
A software update can make the remote use more power to transmit a stronger signal. This is just an example and I do not know if there truly is a fix that Toyota can or will apply. But things is an annoying issue with the car.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Have the same issue with mine. At best I was getting about 30 feet range. Read that holding the fob under you chin would increase the range. Was skeptical but it does actually work. Can get at least double the distance by clicking the remote when holding it under my chin.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I read in another thread that if you hold the remote to your chin, your body acts as an antenna and helps boost the signal. Sounds strange and I haven’t tried it yet, but it’s worth a shot.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts