·
Registered
352 Posts
Mine is still OK. dirty but ok.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanx Sho! Dealership was willing to buy me a new one...its not listed as an accessory in their catalog so, (according to them), it shouldn't be covered under warranty...🤓

·
Registered
60 Posts
Tried to fold mine and it broke as well. Have not tried to get a replacement under warranty. Will see when I'm in for an oil change.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Received my replacement yesterday. It's interesting because this one is made differently... Basically the same overall design but it has a less rounded rectangular shape (it now has a more contoured edge at the very rear so it fits more completely against the lift gate). No clue if it still has the same vulnerability to breakage as the original. Question; I just assumed that these were made to fold... But I don't recall seeing that in the owners manual... Anyone?

·
Registered
352 Posts
Mine is somewhat rounded already. and it folds just like those foldable windshield cover. Just need to make a twisting motion like a figure 8 and you're done... I was surprised that you broke it haha

·
Registered
155 Posts
Mine folds just like the twisty type of w/s cover as well. I have mine stored since I went with the hard cover as a replacement.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I'm so glad we have the solid one over here...

·
Registered
155 Posts
I just dont understand why they decided to go with the cloth one in the states. I upgraded to the solid cover and it was a "PITA" between the price, waiting time and needing the dealer to replace the posts that lock in the hard cover. I really like it, but because of the all those things I just listed, I doubt I would do it again.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Well, i think it is good enough for the job. Pretty rigid, only the hinges are a bit questionable... If you're careful with it (and the rest of the car!), it won't break.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts