Toyota C-HR Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2021 Toyoda C-HR Dark Blue
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This turned out to be quite a challenge, but after many attempts at forcing wire thru inner part of firewall plug, i finally had to secure a small 7" screw driver to the end of the wire with electrical tape. use the min. amount of tape that will hold the screw driver as the more tape you use the harder it is to get thru. but with screw driver attached and slowly pushing with left hand while right hand is pushing wire into grommet in firewall, it barely poked thru and was protruding about 1/2 " inside vehicle. i then grabbed the wire with long pliers as hard as i could while i had my son slowly pull the screw driver out from engine side. even then it took him pushing wire from engine side and me pulling pretty hard with pliers to finally get the cable thru. spraying wd-40 on wire and into both engine side of grommet helped alot. but use as little as possible so everything doesn't get to slippery to handle. going to use this on new kenwood excelon XR-601-1 amp to power a alpine type r 12" sub. Amp will go under drivers seat its very compact. and will terminate the 4ga. into a block, so that will be easy to run another short lead to power a 4 channel amp when im ready to upgrade the door speakers.

Attachments

· Registered
396 Posts
4GA all the way to the amp. Dayum. Respect.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts