Toyota C-HR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else notice that when it rains the water from the wipers comes in when your side window is open just a crack...

Seems the water channels on the windshield work until the water hits the roof channels and instead of following those goes to the side of the door and falls in.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I'm on a waiting list for weathertech to market these for a c-hr. I really prefer them because they (usually) don't require an adhesive... They just fit snuggly into the window channel. Anyone else who might be interested should contact them too... Maybe that would expedite the development!

·
Registered
153 Posts
Those eBay ones are definitely good enough and they look great. Having had experience with window visors that get stuck on with the adhesive, I can safely say that they hold up well over 150km/h

·
Registered
153 Posts
Replacing the weather stripping isn't going to do anything for this issue. It's not seeping in from the door frame itself, it's coming from the window itself. The rain guards would be perfect for that. That's essentially all you can really do.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm on a waiting list for weathertech to market these for a c-hr. I really prefer them because they (usually) don't require an adhesive... They just fit snuggly into the window channel. Anyone else who might be interested should contact them too... Maybe that would expedite the development!
DONE! on the Weathertech Canada website

·
Registered
4 Posts
How about a picture of this channeling. Not sure I understand where the problem is.

This sure seems like a problem Toyota should address.

·
Registered
248 Posts
It's a common thing with a lot of vehicles so it's not something I think they would do anything about. A lot of cars/suvs/etc. will have this happen to them.

·
Registered
410 Posts
This is a common problem with a lot of cars, made the mistake once with my windows open and car not moving. Decided it would be a good idea to squirt out some wiper fluid and wipe the windshield...

·
Registered
123 Posts
Have genuine Toyota ones and these are sticked on the outside. Tested it and they still on it after topspeed. :)
Aftermarket ones mostly clamped into the window channel. The glass will be pushed into that space too when closing.. dont like that.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Received the WeatherTech Deflectors. Build quality seems substantial. Very Easy install and I can pull them out with no effort whatsoever if I ever need to...Sweet! They project far enuff from the car that i can roll down the window, maybe 2-3 inches below the deflector without water dripping in (I cant fully substantiate this claim, as it hasn't rained yet).

·
Registered
20 Posts
I got these on amazon. What do you think? I have not permanently placed them on yet.
Those look pretty sporty on there & btw you can?t go wrong with any color ch-r you pick but a that?s GREAT choice .... do u have a link or what exactly to search amazon for to find them?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Received the WeatherTech Deflectors. Build quality seems substantial. Very Easy install and I can pull them out with no effort whatsoever if I ever need to...Sweet! They project far enuff from the car that i can roll down the window, maybe 2-3 inches below the deflector without water dripping in (I cant fully substantiate this claim, as it hasn't rained yet).
Do you have pics of yours installed? I would like to see the inchannel ones and how they look.

·
Registered
410 Posts
The inchannel ones always look a lot cleaner imo and no need for adhesive tape of any kind. Just gotta carefully jiggle them into the window channel the first time.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts