Toyota C-HR Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Not tech savy yet but I have managed to replace my head unit. It would be great to see a pic of what the end results are. I been wanting to gey my back up camera to my head unit

·
Registered
19 Posts
check the post on this page i listed the wire and how to do it. the process is very easy.

·
Registered
19 Posts
As a side note nw.r i found out the pin out to the 28 pin connector plug, I have to buy 2 day access to Toyota TIS web site for there technical manuals and wiring diagrams. The cost was only 20 for 2 day access, but it let me down load the info i want and any thing else i want to know about the CHR 2018. Still if you get a chance to take a picture of your harness please to i am going to test out on mine to see witch line of the 2pins is canbus L and witch is Canbus H.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Hey, sorry I haven't checked this forum lately. Where you able to get your wiring issue resolved?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I thought I did it correctly. Of course I didn't...when I put car in reverse, screen is black with no backup camera image. When I turn the radio off and then put the car in reverse, the backup camera comes on.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I get an android head unit to replace the factory one. The minor issue I have is that the frame is a couple of cm shorter than the original one, but I think I could be able to arrange the LCD display and the new unit on the original frame.
I plug the harness and I switched on the car, I'm able to see open / close door sign, battery and fuel level and so in. Also front and rear speaker works fine.
However the main issue I have is that when I switch the reverse gear, nothing happens on the screen. I'm pretty sure that I plug correctly the RCA rear camera plug on the unit to the factory camera plug (24 plug on my car).
I've already written to the seller, I'm waiting for an answer.
Have you any idea? Any test?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Hi, I get an android head unit to replace the factory one. The minor issue I have is that the frame is a couple of cm shorter than the original one, but I think I could be able to arrange the LCD display and the new unit on the original frame.
I plug the harness and I switched on the car, I'm able to see open / close door sign, battery and fuel level and so in. Also front and rear speaker works fine.
However the main issue I have is that when I switch the reverse gear, nothing happens on the screen. I'm pretty sure that I plug correctly the RCA rear camera plug on the unit to the factory camera plug (24 plug on my car).
I've already written to the seller, I'm waiting for an answer.
Have you any idea? Any test?
What type of Android HU did you go with? Maybe some pictures would help show how it fits. The reverse camera doesn't work unless you tap into the wire in the rear view mirror. Check out Sir Boofus' post in this thread. Post #21 page 3.

Mine does not show when doors open/close on the headunit. Can I see how all that looks on your headunit?

·
Registered
2 Posts
did you ever figure this out? from what i understand when i installed my dasaita andriod unit with canbus box. the Chr does not have any canbus signals that the radio can read. The TPMS cannot speak to the radio and that can be tricky since it looks like it would integrate into the factory tpms. However i dont think thats the case and the tpms function on the radio is for the aftermarket china tpms that they sell on aliexpress/ebay. I tried all of the factory settings in the head unit for selecting which toyota vehicle it was for and nothing. So i disabled canbus in the developer factory radio settings and selected to control the steering wheel keys via hard wire and everything works for the wheel keys. (before only 2 keys worked and they were wrong.) like i said. I dont think any of the vehicle info can be displayed on the radio since the toyota factory radio (US model) doesnt even show any of those functions so i woundnt think that there are any wires in the 28 pin connector that sends any data or signals. The canbus boxes included with the android radios are for over seas chr's in europe and japan.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Because of are model Ch-r 2018 the backup camera in the mirror, the only way to get the signal to the android unit is to tap into it from the plug line up by the mirror. their is no signal that goes to the android unit or the factory unit with are model. All i did was clip a Yellow video RCA jack and patched 2 wires (i used Red and Black) to the RCA jack, heat shink the connection and cable braided the line for a total of 8 to 10 feet, then i made a quick connect to the end of the RCA line. next all i did was make a 4 inch patch line that i could tap into the mirror plug with the other connector for the quick disconnect. I got the pin out for the plug from another post in this forum, then i just tapped the CV- and CV+ line for the video line, then ran the cables back to the unit. A little extra work but i have the video signal in the mirror and on the unit.
Hi there, I'm trying to decode what you are saying with my artist mind but I'm not sure to understand :) Do you mind helping me?

I have a joying unit very similar to yours Joying 9 Inch Android Auto Radio for Toyota CH-R 2016-2019 Support Optical Output (same china manufacturer at the end) and I tried to connect the back of my head unit to the mirror with a RCA cable but I got no signal (I connected the same wires colors you showed). You are talking about CV- and CV+ and I have no idea what you are talking about. I would need some help please !

21 - 30 of 30 Posts