Toyota C-HR Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
I don't think the OP logs in anymore :( Only thing stopping me from doing all this is information.
:( we got other experts, I'll definitely try to document it when I do get around to doing it. I'm waiting for confirmation on if i got all i need or not

Reactions: superman9117

·
Registered
350 Posts
I'm super interested in buying one but those the voice control work and all the buttons also work?
Thats what the maestro supposed to do. and brings in all the OBD2 stuff into the HUD as well.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I don't think the OP logs in anymore :( Only thing stopping me from doing all this is information.
Well i'll probably give it a shot in a few weeks time. Hopefully it goes smooth.

I went through maestrolink's site and they dont have CHR listed yet, that confused me since Bilt says they listed it recently.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #28 (Edited)
Sorry guys, I been away for a while. If anybody have question I'll do my best to answer. The set up has been working very well, but it has some limitations. I did run into a few problems and I did some trouble shooting with Idatlink support. Idatalink removed the C-HR from their web site because we discover the Toyota has split the OBD2 can bus information into 2 separate buses. The Idatalink module did not read the state of the parking break status. Android auto and other apps need this information to allow the set up to be completed. It turned out that the parking break status was not available at the OBD2 connector. There is different can bus connector at the ECM that has the missing info. I am not getting all the info that the Idatalink module is capable of reading, like doors status. However there are good number of parameters/gauges that are been read and display, like tire pressure and temp, coolant and oil temp, engine load, intake air temp, etc. I end up grounding the radio wire that senses the parking break status, this took care of that problem.

As per the steering wheel controls, works perfect and you can program every button function. The Bluetooth mic is not supported by the radio manufacturer, so I had to install the radio supplied mic. I removed the stock mic and put the radio supplied mic in its place. It works very well, I did not notice any change in performance.

Idatalink is working on a solution to this issue. I can understand why the car is not been supported yet, since you will not be able to get full use of the module as yet. I am ok with the parameters that I have for now.

Bill

·
Registered
350 Posts
Thanks for coming back, sorry I had to poke you at the other forum!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I ended up ordering the JVC KW-M845BW from Crutchfield. I also got the steering wheel adaptor and everything I need for the install. I was told during a chat with them that it supported Idatalink, which was probably true at the time. I haven't been following this and didn't know there was an issue. As I was in the middle of the installation, I realized there was a problem. I'm going to send it all back and hope that at some point this will get resolved....pretty disappointed.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I ended up ordering the JVC KW-M845BW from Crutchfield. I also got the steering wheel adaptor and everything I need for the install. I was told during a chat with them that it supported Idatalink, which was probably true at the time. I haven't been following this and didn't know there was an issue. As I was in the middle of the installation, I realized there was a problem. I'm going to send it all back and hope that at some point this will get resolved....pretty disappointed.
Sorry that you had to do that. My whole kit is just sitting on the table... I'll get back on it once idatalink maestro come up with the new firmware and manual for our cars

·
Registered
9 Posts
Sorry that you had to do that. My whole kit is just sitting on the table... I'll get back on it once idatalink maestro come up with the new firmware and manual for our cars
Me too....I contacted Maestro and they said it's for sure, just no ETA.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts