Toyota C-HR Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I was driving on highway it was raining and suddenly cruise control system indicated not functioning on meter board and it was indicated that radar system. but again it was working after few KM running. But when I got in to normal road It started again. Please explain why.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Hey Chamath! I had a similar experience in the past that, for whatever reason, simply resolved itself a few hours later. 2018 xls us.
See this thread i created;
I believe that water or snow/ice must be able to find its way to the sensor behind the badge on the front grill somehow compromising the system.
Heavy rains as well as snow/ice have caused this on my vehicle while driving maybe 5 times over the past 5 years. Cruise won't work and, obviously, pacing is disabled.
Only once did it give me trouble after cleaning off the badge but it simply was better after letting the car sit a few hours.
Best of luck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Chamath! I had a similar experience in the past that, for whatever reason, simply resolved itself a few hours later. 2018 xls us.
See this thread i created;
I believe that water or snow/ice must be able to find its way to the sensor behind the badge on the front grill somehow compromising the system.
Heavy rains as well as snow/ice have caused this on my vehicle while driving maybe 5 times over the past 5 years. Cruise won't work and, obviously, pacing is disabled.
Only once did it give me trouble after cleaning off the badge but it simply was better after letting the car sit a few hours.
Best of luck.
Thanks for the information

1 - 3 of 3 Posts