Toyota C-HR Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In October 2019 I purchased a preowned certified Prius 2017 with approx. 30,000 miles from Longo Toyota in El Monte, CA. The car had approx. 64,000 miles on when on 04/23/2020 suddenly, "Hybrid System Malfunction" and "Pre-Collision System Malfunction" lights came up. The nearest dealer Toyota of Glendora took 2 days of inspection and informed me that the Wire Harness had shorted out but was not covered by the Powertrain warranty and they gave me job estimate $2,400 for the repairs. I towed the car to the original dealer Longo and it has been there for the last 4 days going through diagnosis. They are supposed to tell me today if they will cover the repairs. I contacted the Toyota Factory warranty department and they sent me a report which shows the wire harness was a recall and was repaired on 08/14/2019 and they informed me that this service would be under warranty for 1-Year by he dealership who performed the repairs. In my position, it does not make sense to pay for these repairs because the problem might just come back. If this is a recall item, related to the manufacturer this particular car might end up to be a "Lemon" and the only way to determine is to first have the dealer attempt to fix it under their recall repair warranty. Any suggestions will be very appreciated.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts