Toyota C-HR Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have Toyota CHR for the past one year, however since last 6 months very often Pre-collision system stops working.

• I would say almost 30-35 % of the time when I am driving, I see Pre-collision getting disabled with warning "Pre-collision disabled, please clean sensors"
  • I have checked multiple times and the sensors are very clean.
  • The warning light comes up irrespective of the fact if I am using adaptive cruise control or not.
  • Most of the time when I power off the car and power it back on, it starts to work again.
  • When I am using adaptive cruise control, it stops detecting the car in front and accelerates irrespective of the distance between my car and the car in front and I have to break or else it will end up in a crash.
  • Once the car stops maintaining the distance from the Front car, the pre-collision warning light comes up in 10-20 mins. However, during those 10-20 mins, CHR does not maintain the distance with the car in front of me.

Here is an image yellow pre-collision disable light that pops up after it malfunctions. The error message usually says something like “Pre-collision warning system is unavailable, please clean the sensors”, whereas sensors are clean and shiny.

I have already taken this car to dealer about 4 times, however they are unable to find anything. Anyone who has cone across similar issue or any suggestions are welcome?

·
Registered
263 Posts
Just a thought...are you living in a cold climate? This error happened to me yesterday while driving in snow. I cleared off the Toyota badge (it had a thin coat of ice). Later in the day, I started the vehicle and the error was still there... Checked the badge and it was clear. Restarted the car 2-3 times. Error was still there but eventually just went away. I had gone thru an automated car wash the day before in freezing temps. I'm suspecting that ice had formed under the hood and in front of the radar?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I live in the Netherlands and the weather is usually moderate here. I did notice that when the car is frozen in a sheet of ice, the pre-collision stops working as the radar sensor in the Toyota badge cannot estimate the distance correctly. However, this was just a one-off occurrence, most of the time irrespective of the weather condition, the issue happens randomly.

I had the same issue on the peak summer day when the temperature was around 35C/95F, I stopped the car, thoroughly cleaned the Toyota badge, all the parking sensors, and as well as the front camera. Drove for 15 mins and the issue reoccured.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have Toyota CHR for the past one year, however since last 6 months very often Pre-collision system stops working.

• I would say almost 30-35 % of the time when I am driving, I see Pre-collision getting disabled with warning "Pre-collision disabled, please clean sensors"
  • I have checked multiple times and the sensors are very clean.
  • The warning light comes up irrespective of the fact if I am using adaptive cruise control or not.
  • Most of the time when I power off the car and power it back on, it starts to work again.
  • When I am using adaptive cruise control, it stops detecting the car in front and accelerates irrespective of the distance between my car and the car in front and I have to break or else it will end up in a crash.
  • Once the car stops maintaining the distance from the Front car, the pre-collision warning light comes up in 10-20 mins. However, during those 10-20 mins, CHR does not maintain the distance with the car in front of me.

Here is an image yellow pre-collision disable light that pops up after it malfunctions. The error message usually says something like “Pre-collision warning system is unavailable, please clean the sensors”, whereas sensors are clean and shiny.

View attachment 6205

I have already taken this car to dealer about 4 times, however they are unable to find anything. Anyone who has cone across similar issue or any suggestions are welcome?
Were you able to get this sorted out? It has happened to be on several occasions now. Actually all sensors malfunction (pre-collision, LTA, etc.). Also taken to dealer several times. They say they changed a sensor but it just showed up again today! Any tips?
Cheers

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi there! I just picked up a certified pre-owned 2019 Rav4 Hybrid today. On the way home, only while on the highway, it started flashing the orange collision icon, with a beep, and then showing the messages:

pre collision system unavailable clean sensor’ followed by another beep and then ‘LTA unavailable’.

Speedometer Light Gauge Automotive design Odometer

A few seconds after that the orange icon disappeared and everything looked normal and operational again. And then it would repeat this a short while later. I went for another quick drive tonight to see if it was still doing it, and so I could capture it happening on video. As soon as I hit the highway, on the on-ramp, it started happening again.

I will be taking it back to the dealership, but in the interim does anyone else who experienced this have some updates on how it was resolved? I love this car, and I’ve only owned it for a day, but my state has a 7 day lemon law and I need to know if this is a major or long term issue I’m going to have to deal with.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I live in the Netherlands and the weather is usually moderate here. I did notice that when the car is frozen in a sheet of ice, the pre-collision stops working as the radar sensor in the Toyota badge cannot estimate the distance correctly. However, this was just a one-off occurrence, most of the time irrespective of the weather condition, the issue happens randomly.

I had the same issue on the peak summer day when the temperature was around 35C/95F, I stopped the car, thoroughly cleaned the Toyota badge, all the parking sensors, and as well as the front camera. Drove for 15 mins and the issue reoccured.
Save things happened to me... Didn't know how to fix this issue... Did u got fixed.?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts