Toyota C-HR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have Toyota CHR for the past one year, however since last 6 months very often Pre-collision system stops working.

• I would say almost 30-35 % of the time when I am driving, I see Pre-collision getting disabled with warning "Pre-collision disabled, please clean sensors"
  • I have checked multiple times and the sensors are very clean.
  • The warning light comes up irrespective of the fact if I am using adaptive cruise control or not.
  • Most of the time when I power off the car and power it back on, it starts to work again.
  • When I am using adaptive cruise control, it stops detecting the car in front and accelerates irrespective of the distance between my car and the car in front and I have to break or else it will end up in a crash.
  • Once the car stops maintaining the distance from the Front car, the pre-collision warning light comes up in 10-20 mins. However, during those 10-20 mins, CHR does not maintain the distance with the car in front of me.

Here is an image yellow pre-collision disable light that pops up after it malfunctions. The error message usually says something like “Pre-collision warning system is unavailable, please clean the sensors”, whereas sensors are clean and shiny.

I have already taken this car to dealer about 4 times, however they are unable to find anything. Anyone who has cone across similar issue or any suggestions are welcome?

·
Registered
225 Posts
Just a thought...are you living in a cold climate? This error happened to me yesterday while driving in snow. I cleared off the Toyota badge (it had a thin coat of ice). Later in the day, I started the vehicle and the error was still there... Checked the badge and it was clear. Restarted the car 2-3 times. Error was still there but eventually just went away. I had gone thru an automated car wash the day before in freezing temps. I'm suspecting that ice had formed under the hood and in front of the radar?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I live in the Netherlands and the weather is usually moderate here. I did notice that when the car is frozen in a sheet of ice, the pre-collision stops working as the radar sensor in the Toyota badge cannot estimate the distance correctly. However, this was just a one-off occurrence, most of the time irrespective of the weather condition, the issue happens randomly.

I had the same issue on the peak summer day when the temperature was around 35C/95F, I stopped the car, thoroughly cleaned the Toyota badge, all the parking sensors, and as well as the front camera. Drove for 15 mins and the issue reoccured.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts