28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sleeve Hood Bag Grey Denim

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Bumper

Automotive lighting Hood Automotive exterior Font Bumper

Vehicle Automotive tire Hood Automotive design Motor vehicle

Hood Coil Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive fuel system

Automotive fuel system Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Auto part

howzit everyone, today finally was able to spend the time... and it took a few hours to mask off and paint my rims, just deleted the chrome parts to a flat black.
Never really liked the silver parts on this wheel. got a carbon fiber sticker set for the wheels and over layed them on top of the black.
i think it looks alot better than the stock combo. What do u think ?
also pulled my lug nuts 2 at a time and after a good washing and wiping with alcohol, painted them with red metallic paint.
Also removed the c-hr from tail gate and after a good cleaning also painted them in the red metallic paint.
Removed the Rear chrome toyota emblem from tail gate and painted that flat black
Added a 16" 12v led light strip to rear right side trunk panel and wired it ot he rear cargo light, it now lights up the trunk area nice and bright, and will be adding another one to to other side soon. as well as a few under the hood.
Removed the Kenwwod 600.1 amp replacing it with a more powerful 5 channel kenwood excelon XR907-5 amp.
now i have 900 watts going to sub instead of the 600 i had b4, and can now amp all 4 door speakers w 75 watts x 4, once i can afford to upgrade those.
cut back and re-did my 4 Ga. + and ground wires and added ferrules, then heat shrinked those down to hold in place until the screw crimps the ferrule onto the wire.
much cleaner and better way to run wires into and out of your amp(s). you eliminate the loose strands that can cause you to short out your system, and dont crush and cut the wire strands which the amp screws and fuse holder will do. also pulled both sides of 100a fuse and added ferrules. 10ga. wire to sub
removed a front seat rear mount bolt and wire wheeled the paint off the rail, then wire wheeled the bolt and under the head to remove all paint and attached 4ga. ground with lug.
below is a link to my audio parts supplier Sky High Audio, if you click the link you will get auto discount applied to your order.
Sky High Audio - great prices and quality components. i get my primary 2/0 and 4/0 ga ofc oxygen free wire and ferulles from them as well as speakers and other parts like fuses etc.
will be ordering 2 sets of 6.5" components from
them soon.
can use link as many times as you like and will keep getting discount.

also wired in a 10.3" chinese radio, that unfortunately doesn't quite snap into place, so had to temp hold it with a strip of blue painters tape across the top.
may end up replacing it with another if new frame they are sending me still doesn't fit in all the way. this is my second attempt at replacing factory stereo, so i can get crossover control and rca outs for front/rear/sub. first one fit like a glove, unfortunately the harness connectors did not fit, and they were un-able to make a different one. so back it went.
will make a list of these radio's with pics so you all don't have to go thru what i have spending months trying to get a unit that works and fits.
Tomorrow will start building a amp rack, so i can protect the wires from feet, and clean up all the wiring. may end up re-locating amp to trunk.
Electrical wiring Cable Electricity Electric blue Wire

· Registered
2021 Toyoda C-HR Dark Blue
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
tried to pry those cnter caps to paint those too, but they are thin and feel like they will break and or deform when tried to gently pry out with small screw driver. anyone have a trick to remove them ?

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Product Font Line Parallel Illustration

this is the second radio i bought which is kept in with painters tape since it doesnt fit all the way in dash, stick out about a 1/4", so may end up going back, but really like all the control and outputs the stock doesnt have. came with 4 camera's and all wiring for them, and canbus, although will need to try a different one than the xp they sent me, because i cannot get radio to stop cutting audio off when i go into reverse. they suggested trying a different canbus, waiting for it still.

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Hood Automotive lighting Communication Device Mobile phone Automotive exterior

this is the second radio i bought, as you can see just doesn't fit all the way into dash, looks like tabs are in right place, but just wont lock into place.
was looking at back of radio looking for things that would interfere and found the radio antenna looked like it might be hitting back of dash, but even when i removed that it still didnt go any further in.

Attachments

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Car Vehicle Automotive parking light Automotive lighting Window

Hood Automotive lighting Aircraft Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Automotive parking light Hood Light Automotive lighting Automotive tire

put these carbon looking plastic eye brows on the side mirrors, supposed to keep water off mirror. will see. im still on the fence as far as looks, and with the seemingly week double sided tape that came on them, wouldnt doubt if they fall off. lol

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
View attachment 6691
this is the second radio i bought, as you can see just doesn't fit all the way into dash, looks like tabs are in right place, but just wont lock into place.
was looking at back of radio looking for things that would interfere and found the radio antenna looked like it might be hitting back of dash, but even when i removed that it still didnt go any further in.

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
View attachment 6691
radio on red table cloth was the first one i bought from KUNFINE, Radio fir into dash, but had wrong connectors, so had to return.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts