Toyota C-HR Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

Out of curiosity, did someone did, or even thought about changing the original eCVT gearbox on the hybrid with a RAV4 one (P710 transaxle)? The reason? Simply because the Rav4 P710 transaxle has more power and torque.

· Registered
24 Posts
Hello all,

Out of curiosity, did someone did, or even thought about changing the original eCVT gearbox on the hybrid with a RAV4 one (P710 transaxle)? The reason? Simply because the Rav4 P710 transaxle has more power and torque.
Sadly we don't get the hybrid version in North America, we only get 2.0L gas with K114 CVT. I did see this about Prius Prime and P710:

· Premium Member
25 Posts
Hello all,

Interesting. I rented a Rav 4 XLE during the Christmas holidays and was not impressed with it. It was loud and not all that responsive. I was glad to get back into my CH-R; which was quiet and more responsive (in Sport mode). I wonder why those that do not generally like the car buy one? For power and torque, there are any number of vehicles available that can meet the needs of those who find the CH-R disappointing. I have not driven the hybrid.

· Registered
24 Posts
Interesting. I rented a Rav 4 XLE during the Christmas holidays and was not impressed with it. It was loud and not all that responsive. I was glad to get back into my CH-R; which was quiet and more responsive (in Sport mode). I wonder why those that do not generally like the car buy one? For power and torque, there are any number of vehicles available that can meet the needs of those who find the CH-R disappointing. I have not driven the hybrid.
On paper, latest gen RAV4 gas is about 1~1.5 seconds faster than C-HR. Interesting how it feels slower, which could be due to cabin noise differences.

We came from RAV4 V6 into C-HR and that was a HUGE difference in performance. Even though it is much slower, it didn't deter us from getting C-HR for all other things it does well.

Sadly, C-HR was not offered in NA as hybrid...

· Registered
24 Posts
I would think the V6 would be a difference...
We had 3rd gen that was 0-60 in 7 seconds
Current 5th gen RAV4 does it in 8.5 seconds
C-HR in 10 seconds range, not quarter mile :p

1 - 7 of 7 Posts