Toyota C-HR Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's just me or this car CHR 2018 it's too noisy? I mean, I can literally hear everything that is going on outside, motor, wind.
I have 2 more cars and now issues.

Opinion?

Thanks, Luis

·
Registered
13 Posts
Same here. Very smooth and quiet (nothing above what I believe is normal) so, there's got to be something wrong in yours...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Mine was loud as well. A nightmare on the freeways. It was really nice when i first bought it but after few months it was just unbearable

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My 2018 is uncomfortably noisy, but I love it anyway.
But why? poorly sealed? gasket in the door? friction? Tires? I had a Chevy Cruze and also a Dodge Journey, CERO noise.
Also, something else. The car doesn't have tire pressure indicators. Last week I have to guess which tire was low. A brand new car...Japanese?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mine was loud as well. A nightmare on the freeways. It was really nice when i first bought it but after few months it was just unbearable
Do you have an idea why? And yes, its only on the freeways. Tires?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Do you have an idea why? And yes, its only on the freeways. Tires?
CVT and weak engine are the major culprit. Heavy car with underpowered motor makes the engine loud. Also, don't forget the CHR was initially built as a Scion model but launched under Toyota badge since Scion was killed before CHR going official for NA market. So the choice of material on this car is a bit on cut corner side. So what people get for Toyota price tag is cheap Scion.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Hmm...
I find the C-HR much quieter than my 2018 RAV4 XLE. Then again, my RAV has Falken Wildpeak AT Trail tires :devilish:

May get new tires for the C-HR next year. Interesting that the C-HR tires will be more expensive than the RAV4.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts