Toyota C-HR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
I replaced my 2018 CHR XLE battery today and now theres no power whatsoever. No lights, no ignition, nothing. Its dead dead.
Is there something going on with the ECU that neeeds to be reset maybe?
Anyone have any ideas?

TIA

·
Super Moderator
329 Posts
So I assume you've tried just turning on your headlights without the engine being started and the headlights did not turn on? If so, have you checked the Type E fuses in the module on top of the battery? 20200406_133133.jpg

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanx for responding zx10guy!
Correct. No headlights dome lights.nothing.The brake pedal is really stiff as well.
Im sorry for my ingorance but, Im not familiar with those fuses at all. How can I test them?
Thanx so much....This is driving me mad.

·
Super Moderator
329 Posts
Look at the fuses closely. If they are burnt out, you'll see a section of the metal conductor missing. It should be pretty obvious when you look at it. Compare what you see to what I have pictured as that's a picture from my car. You're looking at the flat metal pieces which look like T's on the bottom fuse indicating they're 140A fuses. The top one is a 60A fuse.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanx zx10guys. I figured that I could check for continuity across the fuse somehow...apparently not. Anyway, I figured out the problem...I'm an imbecile lol. Didn't hook up the positive lead across the fusebox on top.Greatly appreciated! Thank You!

·
Super Moderator
329 Posts
Ok. Glad you got it sorted.

As to the fuse, you could run a continuity check across the terminals, but it's much easier to just look at the fuse. It'll be easy to visually see if the fuse is blown since the top of the fuse is clear as you can see in my picture. To do a continuity check, you would have to pull the fuse which can require some elbow grease as the fuse could be wedged in there pretty good.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts