Toyota C-HR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Noticed that the US XLE Premium version of the CH-R has the fog lights included but not the Canadian Edition :frown2: Also was told by the dealer that the fog lights are still in development by Toyota and will be available as an option shortly but no price yet...

·
Registered
123 Posts
All European versions have foglights. Normal bulb lights or LED lights for the top models.
So its no development issue i guess.. our CH-R get produced in Turkey also.

Canada have maybe special rules for these lights?

·
Registered
257 Posts
That's weird for the lights to still be in development when it's already available in the States... Probably something to due with safety laws and such as that's the only reason I can think of.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Woah... now this is going to be an issue. The foglights are a big thing for me. BUT are we able to order fog lights from the states and install them ourselves?

·
Registered
551 Posts
This might be a good thing for those of us that wanted to go aftermarket anyways, not always are OEM setups the best, in Toyotas case they are too entry-level. I think Philips is a good aftermarket brand

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
According to the accessory brochure that I saw when I signed for mine at the dealership, they will be available shortly as an option here in Canada.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I guess better as an option than not having it at all. Just kinda wished it was going to be standard on the XLE Premium edition.

Philips for bulbs is a good brand. Not too sure if they make fog light housings. It'll also be more than just buying an aftermarket fog light and throwing it in as well, a surround or mounting bracket will be needed too I'm pretty sure

·
Registered
257 Posts
So those in Canada may as well wait a while before placing your order if you want the fog lights. Guess it's a global feature that's being rolled out at different times for some reason.

·
Registered
248 Posts
If you really want it to come with it, then waiting is definitely in line. Otherwise buy it, and wait for it to become an orderable accessory and put it in yourself at some point lol

·
Registered
8 Posts
Noticed that the US XLE Premium version of the CH-R has the fog lights included but not the Canadian Edition :frown2: Also was told by the dealer that the fog lights are still in development by Toyota and will be available as an option shortly but no price yet...
Working on sourcing some fogs and rear 3rd fog lights from Japan. Will let you know what I find!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I ran my fogs with the mains off the other day. It was like two AA keyring torches. Totally useless. Dont spend time or effort chasing standard ones lol.

Il take a pic later if I get chance.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Seems like it includes it all with the wiring harness and what not. Interested to see how the install goes. DIY would be great ;)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi there I purchased mine about a month ago premium model yes there is no lights funny when you go online and look at the web page compare models the lights are shown if you click on the little camera photo shown as puddle lamps. I think that's false advertising I have contacted tci waiting to hear there response. By the way this car is awesome. With or with out the lights.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Hi there I purchased mine about a month ago premium model yes there is no lights funny when you go online and look at the web page compare models the lights are shown if you click on the little camera photo shown as puddle lamps. I think that's false advertising I have contacted tci waiting to hear there response. By the way this car is awesome. With or with out the lights.
Welcome to the forums, glad to hear you're enjoying the C-HR as well! What color and trim did you go with?

·
Registered
551 Posts
Glad you can join us. When you have a moment, consider making a formal introduction in this section of the forum: New Member Introductions - Toyota C-HR Forum

To confirm, you are from Canada right?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi I purchased the ruby red pearl premium model I work at the Toyota Cambridge ont plant so I got a great deal.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ok so fog lights were announced yesterday by Toyota Canada... hold on to your seats: $719.90 + tax for the fog lights!!! That's just nuts...

Attachments

1 - 20 of 28 Posts